Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: New MotorGuide Xi5

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering, is it confusing to know which feature you're using without a display on the remote? I mean if you have several brushpiles marked with anchor feature how do you know which one you are recalling

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is a bit confusing knowing how high your motor is on and such, I guess I don't notice it much since I've never had any other. Hopefully another remote will come out eventually for it that gives an idea of what you are doing when pushing buttons.

Post Thanks / Like

kind of trial and error and remembering your buttons. I read the directions good before I went out the last time, but forgot a few things the last... LOL But, once again my anchor lock worked good on a light 17.5 foot aluminum bass boat so I'm happy with it.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I noticed about the Xi5 is the shaft once in stow seemed to need support just to be on the safe side, so I built a little stabilizer bar outta PVC holding it on with Velcro straps and filled with "great stuff" so it would float and painted black.

thought I'd share...
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    It's just about being out there, doing what you enjoy.
    Likes Rsw, Don G LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I kind of did the same thing with mine, it had the rubber pad and Velcro straps from the cable steer so I just strap mine to that.

Post Thanks / Like

This may sound like a rookie question, but I have to ask: does the XI5 use a stock motorguide plug and socket for the power source or do you need to wire it another route? In other words, does it come with a plug that will insert into my bow socket or will I need to purchase a new MG plug to use. Thanks for any help.
    "It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark"

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to use a plug, you'll have to buy one. It didn't come with a plug. My batteries are in the front so I wired mine under the casting deck to remove more clutter from my deck. I took the plug out and ran all my HDS cables through the hole.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jimmy!
    "It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark"

Post Thanks / Like

Well I bit the bullet and bought me a Xi5 to replace my wireless MG. Finally got a chance to mount it Friday, (very excited to use it this weekend) Not! After spending Hour and half installing hooked to battery and tested it and it sounded awful. Sounds like the armature is bad in motor. Very loud grinding and vibration coming from motor. A little disappointed but being in the service business I understand even new equipment doesn't always work. So then I had to take it back off re pack it and then re install my MG wireless so I could fish yesterday. So now I get to see what kind of service I get from Trolling Motors.net.

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyfreeland View Post
    kind of trial and error and remembering your buttons. I read the directions good before I went out the last time, but forgot a few things the last... LOL But, once again my anchor lock worked good on a light 17.5 foot aluminum bass boat so I'm happy with it.
    Jimmy, isn't the readout on the back of the motor mount?
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast