Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone ever

Post Thanks / Like

It's harassment...plain and simple.Call the GW next time it happens be it dock owner or another boat.

2000 ProCraft 210 SuperPro DC w/Merc 250 ProXB
    Hi-Tek rod holders

Post Thanks / Like

I heard there was a guide around Paris Landing that got smart with a man & his wife for fishing "his" brushpile. You would think he would know better and have handled it better.

Many years ago, a boat from Illinois tried to go between me and the bank I was fishing. Since I was sitting in about 5 feet of water and throwing into 1-2 ft. of water, I knew it would mess up my fishing. I moved in and cut them off and as they went around me, we had a very pleasant conversation. I don't think they realized what they were doing. Trouble is, I wound up spooking the fish I had been catching trying to stop them from doing the same.

Some people are ignorant about proper etiquette on the lake and others are misinformed or just bullies. This same buddy was fishing a treetop with his son several years ago and had a guy pull right up to the same treetop and start fishing. It's easy to say you should give someone down the road but the problem is we don't always know who we are dealing with. Things could escalate in a hurry.

There are several ways to deal with someone who wants to homestead a brushpile regardless if you got there first or not. I've never had to do this and hope I never have to. I go fishing to relax and not get stressed out. Good rule of thumb is to never wrestle with a pig. You'll only end up getting dirty and the pig likes it!
    Likes ehall LIKED above post

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Well said Bronson
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.

Post Thanks / Like

"Good rule of thumb is to never wrestle with a pig. You'll only end up getting dirty and the pig likes it!"

Yea and pigs stink too!

Post Thanks / Like

Has any ever fish drakes creek here in franklin? Any good crappie spots and what kind of fish are in it?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieman35 View Post
    Has any ever fish drakes creek here in franklin? Any good crappie spots and what kind of fish are in it?
    You might do better to ask that question on the Kentucky state forum.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

This thread cracks me up. Who in their right mind would "move" off a brush pile just because someone else said they "owned" it?!?! I myself would ackowledge their dumb arses by saying, "Oh, I didn't know?!" Then I would drop my anchor right in front of them making the loudest splash sound I could make. Then I would tell them I will dredge the brush piles up with my anchor after I finished catching all of "their" fish if they didn't move along to another spot. Just saying...
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

just get a boat id # and call the man, its that simple

now if I'm confronted with any form of violence even verbal well then its game on, because before I leave that spot said brush pile will be in the middle of the lake if it takes all day to it

I don't do very well when I'm being bullied, guess that because I'm a hard head about some things lol

please be kind to your fellow fisher person's

Post Thanks / Like

Need to we like Phil Robertson was talking about in his book. When he caught some guys stealing fish out of his nets.
    Give Give Give that will freak them out thay will think you are a nut.
    Tell them to move closer and tell them what you are using ask him what he is useing and if you can have some.

All jokes aside kentucky lake can get pretty bad with guys claming brush piles> Any body can clam they put it in. I know some that do. I also know some who spend a lot of time and money building good structure. But once it goes in it belongs to the lake.

Just be careful some nut just might be having a bad day and be packin
    Corn Field Crappie Gear
    Member Podunk Ideas Pro Team

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123