Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stick Steering boat?

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiger9297 View Post
    I have looked at some stick steer boats. I like the fact that you can do everything from one seat, BUT alot of people have told me that if you are in the boat by yourself and the water is rough that you will get soaked b/c of all the weight up front. Do you guys that own these boats have this problem?
    I owned a 1648 stick boat with a 25 johnson(ran between 19 and 22 mph) and it did well for me for 6 years or so until I sold it and moved into a bass boat for several reasons. You have to understand the limitations of them. Sitting up front makes you the first one to the waves, hence they ride rough due to the flat bottom they usually possess. Also sitting up front when alone tends to lift the motor and help in decavitation, or air getting to the prop while underway. I put a good sized cooler full of water in the back to help tone it down, but it wasn't quite enough. The one that I had was riveted, and it will be the last riveted boat I will own. I hit 3 rough waves in the dark and loosened 4 rivets, and didn't walk right for 4 days. Over the next few years, one by one a total of 17 rivets were dripping when water was put in the boat, plug in, while on the trailer. Storage was not in abundance, and a live well wasn't in this boat either. Being light and high sided they catch the wind and blow around in winds that I can now endure. They react fast when you lose your balance and try to catch yourself, another con of the light weight.
    The pro's were cheap operation, easy to trailer as most aluminum boats don't weigh much, and the lack of interior was a plus. When the weather turns bad, or it fills with leaves, or it gets rained on for long periods it doesn't get hurt cuz it's all metal. Pop the seats into the shed and you're good to go. I have low back issues and needed something that reacts a little slower and rides smoother.
    Just some input, I had a ball and caught lots of fish out of that boat, and I miss the versatility of a metal boat. Good luck with your search.....Skeet.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw one of these Lancer Marine 1569 on the road and it looked pretty nice. Website is in need of some help, but ya might find a dealer or email them for some pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Rough if you have a bad back.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

Default stike steer boats

your wright creekslick, bad on your back even when you don't have abad back when your over 55. Even though mines got a40 h.p. i normally just cruise aboat 2/3 throttle and enjoy the scenery. them fish ain't goin no where.

Post Thanks / Like

Default SeaArk Forecast 156

Got this last fall and can't find anything to complain about. It does not get you wet in rough water, not a bumpy ride, and will run 30 mph with 40HP 'rude. Especially nice if you fish alone a lot. Easy to load and never have to leave seat to fish. Only if nature calls:D.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I DO MY BEST PROOFREADING RIGHT AFTER I HIT THE "SUBMIT" BUTON
    Likes KodiakKing LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

i have a 08 g3 i love it..just set in one place and catch fish...this is my 3rd stick steer...ive had 8 or 1- boats...i love the stick steers the best tho...where i fish---lake bistineau--- its all flooded cypress it will go anywhere...great fot trotlining too

Post Thanks / Like

Buy good rain gear.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing
    Likes Cane Pole LIKED above post

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out hydraulic stick steering while you art it. Easy steering into hard turns and rough water. I tried one out before I built electric steering.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the 17ft war eagle. It is roomy with lots of storage and floor space. Side mounted live well. It will be my next boat.

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

DURACRAFT , I THINK STILL SELLS THEM THAT WAY .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123