Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's in your Boat

Post Thanks / Like

i also have one of those plastic urinal bottles, signed , shorty

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not needed yet.....but I keep a thermacell in my boat at all times. Another is a tool box and some extra boat motor plugs.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm fishing poles and tackle. Basket in summer to get the fish in cooler water. Extra batteries for a handheld Weather/GPS unit. Warm clothes in case your stranded late in the evening and nobody answers the cell phone. Fillet knife. Some of those water tablets to purify water.
    Likes Tom 513 LIKED above post

Broken String Guest

Pretty much covers all thats needed in those emergencies. I was goin to mention rain gear but thats been covered. I also carry an extra change of clothes and towel in case you fall in and if you have room to store them in the boat. I do carry and extra altenator just in case. Bob/Broken String

Post Thanks / Like

Got it all!

Now my boat is sinking, my toilet paper is wet, my helmets are floating away, my bulbs won't work and my band aids won't stick.

On the bright side, my disaster has left an debris circle viewable from 30,000 feet!

I hope whoever picks me up hasn't read this thread or there won't be room for me!!!

LOL. Great thread guys!!

Titleman
    Likes fish getter LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

spare starter rope also i rig the trolling motor with a spare trot line string in case the pull rope brake just tie it to the on trip lever run it out and wrap it around the bottom of the head good for trolling motors where you can't git to the trip pin or take the motor off the mount

Post Thanks / Like

Legally required fire extinguisher, CGapprovedPFD for each passenger, plus throwable CG approved PFD.
    air horn(mini-size), extra rod and reel,
    extra fishing line, Leatherman tool.
    Bleach bottle with neck end cut out around an oval 6" circle opposite the handle. Serves as emergency bailer and personal relief recepticle.
    Oars. Ductape. Tiewraps. Batteries for everything.
    Fishfinder.
    Crappie nibbles and a variety of jigheads and jigbodys in the 100's...
    Personal Carry Handgun with Permit and extra ammo.
    Cell Phone and FMR, GMRS radios. GPS unit.
    Nightcrawlers. Sunscreen. TP and towels.
    Digital camera.
    Aqua-Vu underwater video camera.
    Couple hundred feet of anchor rope, anchor(s)
    I'd carry a scanner to alert me of possible Game Warden intrusions, but I like surprises, and it keeps me honest...
    To be really honest, we have WAY more stuff than we really need to go catch all the fish we want. After all the legal requirements and the no brainers, we could probably pack way less tackle and do without the motor and fishfinder, but what the hey... It's part of the fun.
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Post Thanks / Like

I try to keep it simple. Take my Cell phone and jumper cables and thats about it for breakdowns because it is usually something that I could not have prepared for that breaks down. Just my luck I guess. Keep tackle to a minnimal. Know what I need and that is what I carry. Only clutter is all the rods for spider rigging. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

some extra amber....
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

This is an excellent thread! Besides what has already been mentioned I keep a small tent in the storage just in case I get stranded and it's rainin. Also like Rango said xtra amber can get you through those tuff situations when nobody is answering their phones and it looks like your gonna be there for awhile.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast