Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The better trolling motor

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the V-2 and wish I had spent the extra for the I-Pilot model. The co pilot option works well for me but the GPS system and the pedal are a good advantage to me. If I upgrade to the I-Pilot on my V-2 I lose the pedal which is needed when I fish with a rod in each hand. The Terrova's deploy system is easier than my V-2 is also. I have an 18' Bass Boat and the 70 lb moves it fine in any conditions I'm able to fish in. For my money I would suggest the 80lb Terrova with I-Pilot and you wont look back
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Go with the Terrova with ipilot. You'll be glad you did. I was in the same situation as you, and only had 1000. For a new motor.

For the best price contact Brian at BBG Marine. I contacted him and for the price he quoted me I saved a little longer for the Terrova with ipilot. Man I'm glad I did.

The control options with ipilot are great. You can really focus on fishing and not fighting to control the boat. I didn't think it was possible but it made fishing even more enjoyable. Variable speed is the only way to go too.

Contact Brian at BBG Marine and do what you have to so you can get the terrova with ipilot. You'll be glad you did.
    Likes fireman1501 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fireman1501 View Post
    The spot lock is for fishing brush piles I am guessing and shooting docks.
    If you are fishing in and out of docks, I think a cable driven TM would be best. Look at the maxxum or fortrex. From my experience, (which isn't much with the ipilot) the turning response time isn't as good with the remotes. Just my opinion.

The Fortrex is a Beast!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. If your gonna fish around structure close to or above the surface more ( trees, docks, bridges..ect.... ) stick with a cable steer. If your trolling or fishing shore lines more go with the terrova and ipilot.

Spot lock is better in open water. Like staying near submerged structure. Works good for holding boat close to an area. It can't replace a conventional anchor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12