Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: osage vs grand

Post Thanks / Like

Default osage vs grand

Drove down to Wheatland yesterday to pick up the boat and noticed from 13 hwy that the osage was'nt frozen does anyone know how much of it is water and how much is ice. Is there reasons for it not freezing up and the grand does, deeper water?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by x2c View Post
    Drove down to Wheatland yesterday to pick up the boat and noticed from 13 hwy that the osage was'nt frozen does anyone know how much of it is water and how much is ice. Is there reasons for it not freezing up and the grand does, deeper water?
    The Osage usually has current from the areas you see from 13 and the Grand does have a lot of shallow areas on the upper end.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 10footdown View Post
    The Osage usually has current from the areas you see from 13 and the Grand does have a lot of shallow areas on the upper end.

Steve is right on. They were pulling some water lately and the Osage is more of a river still at 13 hwy bridge. The Grand and Deepwater arms at the 13 hwy bridges are just a huge shallow flat. So unless the wind really blows continuous during cold temps it will lock up pretty fast. Was a little water showing or at least standing on top of the ice yesterday afternoon when I came across the Grand and Deepwater arms. I bet she is all ice today again.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we can just call this year the ICE BOWL...............
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE