Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Go Pro Camera questions

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone seems to get 2 to 3 times more battery life out of theirs, than I get out of mine. I don't use mine often cause the battery dies so fast. I hate batteries that die quickly and because of that I've lost some interest in it. And even with other devices that I buy a second battery for, they all never last for me. So I guess I'm shying away from buying another battery for it. I thought about going Android, but stayed with iPhone cause that's the only battery powered device that has any life to it, at least for me. And I absolutely refuse to even think about an electric car! I'd never make it out of the driveway! My notebook PC batteries have always been the same way. Always have to be plugged in, they are worthless.

Other than that, the GoPro is cool cause it utilizes wide angle. A shaky hand is not as noticeable with a Wide angle lens. That and it's relatively high resolution is it's secret. Personally I think it's form factor is crude.
    Last edited by Slab; 12-31-2013 at 08:26 PM.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

I was gonna get one, but having second thoughts. It seems great for everything but Deer hunting. Seen some videos of a people shooting deer with bow at 40 yards and you can barely see the deer. Looked like they were 100 yards.

BAMA S is offline Crappie.com Legend and AL Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Slab there website says you should get 1-2.5 hrs outa the battery. What are you seeing?

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking of getting one to replace my old digital 8 camcorder. Is that practical? Would these things be ok for filming kids sports and family get tog ethers? How much HD footage can you get on these things with the 16, 32, or bigger cards?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a silver with the wifi remote. Love it! Battery life is about 2 hours but I keep it plugged into a power source on mu console so I don't ever have a dead battery. With the remote I can start it when a rod bends down and stop it after I unhook the fish, no dead footage, only action shots. This makes editing a lot easier. I pic out the frames with the big fish, merge them together and make a longer video. I'm working on a "big fish" video right now. Need a few more trips and about 20 more 2lb fish and its gonna be a heck of a video for my website. I have caught 17 2lb fish on my gopro In the past 2 weeks a d they all look great. I give it 5 stars!
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com
    Likes CUonthelake LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CRoberts View Post
    I was thinking of getting one to replace my old digital 8 camcorder. Is that practical? Would these things be ok for filming kids sports and family get tog ethers? How much HD footage can you get on these things with the 16, 32, or bigger cards?
    I set up mine Infront of the Xmas tree and got my little boys facial expression and reaction when he saw what Santa brought. It's HD quality, a great memory we can watch back 20 years from now.
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

Slab, are you one of those guys that kills wrist watch batteries as well?

Notebook PC batteries are notorious for dying quickly. That's a big reason I switched to Macs.

TheGoPro cameras are better for close filming than longer distances. You've got to have a decent zoom to have a deer fill the frame of a picture even if it's in bow range.
    J

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BAMA S View Post
    Slab there website says you should get 1-2.5 hrs outa the battery. What are you seeing?
    I've not used it in a while, but it would seem like I'd only get 20 minutes of filming out of it, and 20 minutes of standby. I remember fishing with it and having to turn it off cause of constant low battery. I need a perm power source like SYG, that would work. And I do have the remote backpack thingy, it's has it's own battery that dies, and the controller for the remote dies too. Batteries hate me!

The wide angle lens would be great for family get togethers, but not sport shots where zooming in would be better. You can turn off the wide angle and have it be normal, but that's not zoom. Not sure if it does zoom in there somewhere. There might be a setting. But no button to zoom in and out. Eventually I'm sure they'll come out with a camera that does it all, wide to zoom, HD, all weather sports video camera whose case is not an afterthought. And when you have the waterproof case on, you get almost no audio, btw. But it is good for it's purpose. Takes great wide angle still pictures too.
    Owner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgriHawg View Post
    Slab, are you one of those guys that kills wrist watch batteries as well?

Notebook PC batteries are notorious for dying quickly. That's a big reason I switched to Macs.
    Yeah, I might have to go Mac cause of that reason. I love the iPad for that reason alone. I almost never have to charge it.

Wrist Watch? Whats that. My phone tells time!
    Owner
    Likes Detailman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I repeat. Get the smartphone app.
    Crappie bite twice a day. 15 minutes before I get there and 10 minutes after I leave.
    The two loudest sounds are a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and one that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.
    If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can generally count on Paul's vote.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast