Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kicker vs trolling motor for pulling cranks

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clfarms1 View Post
    The Auto pilot works on a compass heading and is good but affected by wind.

The Auto pilot works by picking out a point of reference that you want to go to and then it will correct for the wind or current if it is taking you off line and bring you back on course. Without it you would just go in a general straight direction but would be at the mercy of the wind blow you off line.
    That's not how mine works. On a windy day I find myself correcting to get to where I want to get to. It may be designed to do what you say but that isn't my experience.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Advanced AutoPilot...Simply point your trolling motor in the direction you want to head and activate Advanced AutoPilot. i-Pilot will keep you on your heading and deliver you there with GPS accuracy, while compensating for wind, waves, current or drift.

thats how its suppose to work skeetbum. Have you ever done any updates on it?

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

No, no updates. I'll have to get out on a windy day again and just wait it out to see if it does deliver to the spot. Mine is a straight auto pilot, no I-pilot. The co-pilot is the only change since I bought it.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Have 18ft tyee. I run exactly the same way as yikess. I do run the remote trolling motor more because access to move around boat and less worry about speed and bearing.

Post Thanks / Like

Plateboater, how do you like your Lund? How long have you had it? Is there anything you don't like about it? Are there any changes in options you would make now? What kind of water do you fish, big lakes, small lakes?

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to see the conture following feature in action before I made a four figure investment in this technology. The last thing I want is my boat getting jerked to the left or right while I'm standing up reeling in or netting a fish. Also, fishing in a pack of boats could become an issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Likes M R Dux LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ibcamn...sent you a PM. Guys I troll quite a bit and the I-pilot is much easier. First time purchasing this technology and been in a boat for over 30 years! I wish the change for me would have been about 10 years ago. You can link to Hummingbird/Lakemaster to make the system to "tune contour feature" even better but I run HD's. Either way my wife is in the front "laying out" and I am in the drivers seat trolling.....life is good!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, plateboater...PM'd you back.
    Good info, thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123