Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Duck Dynasty????

Post Thanks / Like

It's probably silly to think this, but hey....it is possible that this silliness over a duck hunter and an obscure magazine will do SOMETHING to eradicate this silly Political Correctness (which means NEVER saying anything that offends fringe groups) in this country.

For many years, on other sites, I have predicted (NOT "advocated", heavens NO) that this country will eventually have to split, physically. We can't continue as is. There is no longer any compromise on any issue. If I say "BLUE" really loud, the 'other side' yells "HE IS A RACIST/EVIL/HOMOPHOBE/MEAN". They say the same thing if I yell "PICKLE" or "TOOTHPICK". They don't care.

Truth is, "my" side doesn't either. They label every word out of a Liberal's mouth as trash. Truth is, they have some good ideas, but we never listen to any of them because some of them are SO stupid!!

So we are divided. Permanently. Divided among each other. Divided among our elected officials. Divided on every subject. Meanwhile, our system and culture is eroding and crumbling.

So it can't continue. That's my prediction. Bloodless, I'm betting. But inevitable. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread!!

Anyway, this episode just might force some of the idiocy of PC thought out into the open and cause folks to have to accept folks like Phil. They demand acceptance (which they mislabel as "Tolerance", but they really want full Acceptance), but won't accept Phil.

Or me.

So, we'll see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CastandBlast View Post
    I figure Phil can say what he wants and A&E can do what they want.....so what's the problem with them both doing or saying what they want?
    Take that out a little further.....we can all do what we want and not watch A&E and voice our oppinions to their sponsors and advertisers. The only god A&E cares about is the allmighty dollar.
    I got 350 heads on a 305 engine.
    I get 6 miles to the gallon.
    I aint got no good intentions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zack21 View Post
    rcc phil posted earlier on facebook and said that duck dynasty is owned by a an e they get very little money he said it was more to put duck commander and buck commander out there more that is where they get there money from a an e own the duck dynasty franchise but i'm with phil all the way
    Remember when you are doing your shopping, if the brand is Duck Dynasty it's A&E, if the brand is Duck Commander, it's the Robertsons.

Duck Dynasty = bad
    Duck commander = good
    I got 350 heads on a 305 engine.
    I get 6 miles to the gallon.
    I aint got no good intentions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigKyd View Post
    Take that out a little further.....we can all do what we want and not watch A&E and voice our oppinions to their sponsors and advertisers. The only god A&E cares about is the allmighty dollar.
    exactly right.......myself I believe it's all a big publicity stunt and A&E and phil both are after the almighty dollar

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buckrub View Post
    It's probably silly to think this, but hey....it is possible that this silliness over a duck hunter and an obscure magazine will do SOMETHING to eradicate this silly Political Correctness (which means NEVER saying anything that offends fringe groups) in this country.

For many years, on other sites, I have predicted (NOT "advocated", heavens NO) that this country will eventually have to split, physically. We can't continue as is. There is no longer any compromise on any issue. If I say "BLUE" really loud, the 'other side' yells "HE IS A RACIST/EVIL/HOMOPHOBE/MEAN". They say the same thing if I yell "PICKLE" or "TOOTHPICK". They don't care.

Truth is, "my" side doesn't either. They label every word out of a Liberal's mouth as trash. Truth is, they have some good ideas, but we never listen to any of them because some of them are SO stupid!!

So we are divided. Permanently. Divided among each other. Divided among our elected officials. Divided on every subject. Meanwhile, our system and culture is eroding and crumbling.

So it can't continue. That's my prediction. Bloodless, I'm betting. But inevitable. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread!!

Anyway, this episode just might force some of the idiocy of PC thought out into the open and cause folks to have to accept folks like Phil. They demand acceptance (which they mislabel as "Tolerance", but they really want full Acceptance), but won't accept Phil.

Or me.

So, we'll see.
    Nicely said. Although I don't know if there will not be any physical split. I think there very will be some of that. It may not get out of hand...but there will eventually be some I'm afraid. Honestly, I think many other countries are sitting idly by waiting for the US to fall...but they all know as we probably do, it will be from the inside....from its own people...not from the outside.
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15
    Likes DRPEPPER LIKED above post

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

In the last days right will be wrong and wrong will be right!! But right has already won in Jesus Name AMEN!!
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.
    Likes DRPEPPER LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

We, as a country, must quit sacrificing the majority of people so that a minority of people are happy. Our borders are apparently open so if you don't like "In God We Trust", don't let the border slap you on the backside as you leave. My 2 cents!!

Post Thanks / Like

I write Bible lessons each Sunday on F.B. I hope no one is offended by it but here is the one for 12-22-13
    Sunday Morning Manna
    "Saltless Christians"
    Salt (sodium chloride) has been used by man for many thousands of years. It is a preservative of meat and a flavor enhancer for certain foods. It is slightly acidic and if put pure salt in your mouth it has a very sharp taste or bite.
    Matt. 5:13, 13Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth GOOD FOR NOTHING, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men . We live in an age where Christians have lost their SALTYNESS. Does our stand for Jesus Christ have a bite to it, one that is in sharp contrast to the lifestyles of those around us ? Does our speech have an edge on it, a cutting edge, or do we always speak with a mouth full of sugar? I am tired of Joel Olsteen and his crowd, they never preach on man's sins or about Hell, which is where all men without Christ are headed. Sometimes the TRUTH has a bite to it but it will preserve you in the end. The apostle Paul tells us in Colossians 4:6, "6Let your speech be alway with grace, SEASONED WITH SALT, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man."
    We are overrun today with so-called Christians who enthusiastically major in SWEETNESS and view controversy as a kind of spiritual leprosy. Where's the salt? We are told in Jude 1:3, to "CONTEND FOR THE FAITH" . According to Webster's dictionary contend means "to dispute" or "to contest" or "to strive". Where is the salt in these last days? You won't find it the sermons of Rick Warren, Benny Hinn or Joel Olsteen. God's people have been sugared to death. I am a recipient of God's grace and I believe in giving grace to other, but I am a sinner too and so are you. We should never use God's grace as an excuse to sin. It is time for the Christians to make a stand on God's Word. According to Romans Ch. 1 homosexuality is wrong, gay marriage is wrong, but we are afraid to say anything because we might offend someone. If you tell the truth it's O.K. to offend, Paul did in Romans ch.1.
    It's time for Christians to make a stand, I mean we have let them take God out of our schools and our court houses. When I grew up nobody ever got shot and killed in a school house. The cities get sued if they put baby Jesus in a manger on public property. This country was founded on Christian principles and at this present time our country is falling apart because we have let them kick God out of everything we hold dear. Time is short the Lord is coming back, and if you are a Christian then we MUST get the word out. God loves you, but it is Repent or Perish. This greasy grace preaching will not change a persons life. I still believe HELL is something to be feared. Final thought...this week Phil Robertson of "Duck Dynasty" took a stand on God's word against homosexuals. At least he still has a little salt in him. According to the Bible in 2 Timothy 4:2 we are to use God's word "to reprove, rebuke and to exhort." REPROVE means to convince someone of a fault. REBUKE means to chasten or to silence. EXHORT is to motivate or stir-up to action. You see God's word is like a sweet watermelon, adding salt just brings out the flavor even more.
    God Bless, have a great Sunday
    Last edited by Roughneck; 12-21-2013 at 11:54 AM. Reason: spelling
    KJV Numbers 32:23 " be sure your sin will find you out."
    Likes liver slinger, DRPEPPER LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well said.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

that was a great read roughneck and very true

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast