Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: B&M West Point Wally Marshall or Pinicle?

Post Thanks / Like

A wise old man once said, "spend your money once". Buy cheap stuff now and it will cost you more in the long run.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

While I agree with the adage, "you get what you pay for" I have also run across products that were moderately price but were good quality. I bought 6 of the Pinnacle Limits to start out spider rigging and have been very pleased with them. I have a couple of higher end 12 ft B&M graphite poles that I use for single pole jigging and they are quite a bit lighter than the Pinnacles. However, I am not holding the Pinnacle when I am spider rigging so the slightly heavier weight is not a factor. You can spend as much or as little as your budget allows, but I like the Pinnacles and have seen no reason to change them. Like others, I have had a 5LB or heavier striper or cat hit one of the Pinnacles and I had no problem landing him.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by feelay View Post
    A wise old man once said, "spend your money once". Buy cheap stuff now and it will cost you more in the long run.
    amen
    ,,,,,,,-------,,7777777,,,,,........99999...........www.catchcarolina.com

Post Thanks / Like

14' b&m pst
    ~Victor G. McGregory~

Post Thanks / Like

I was just on Grizzlys site and the Limit rods in 12ft. are 18.00 Monks don't even list them anymore.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I can say that you've gotten good info, and just want to add to it. When I started riggin, I knew this wouldn't be the end, but the beginning of yet more techniques to try. That in mind, I bought the BnM BGJP's because of their versatility and have not been disappointed. ALL of my gear does more than one job;single pole, spider, longline cranks and jigs. Mine don't allow pushing cranks but that's OK by me. Just keep things in perspective and try to handle what you will buy as a given action varies from one MFG to the next. It's a lot of fun once you're rigged, enjoy the trip.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I started spider rigging a little over a yr ago and have 6-12 ft pinnacles and never had a prob with them. Have really enjoyed spider riggin so much I just went and bought me 6 new b&m 14ft.When I have company on a trip I can run up to 12 rods so I ll just let company use the old ones. They are much lighter,but I never really worried about weight useing them for s rigging. Just jump in and enjoy ur self with what u can afford.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    I was just on Grizzlys site and the Limit rods in 12ft. are 18.00 Monks don't even list them anymore.
    When I bought mine a couple of years back, they sold 4 (any length) for $60. Don't know if they still do or not.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Far as I kno still 4 for 60. I bought some. Also bought 1 expensive pole. All 12'. I like the limit rods so much I bought 8 more so they would be same for the front and back of the boat. Set my expensive rods aside for if I'm single poleing or holding rods. For Spider rigging I love em and I love the price.
    A man never stands so tall as when he stoops down to help a boy.
    David Freeman
    318-805-6270
    Farmerville LA

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input guys, I think I have decided to go with the BGJP'S. They are going to fit into the budget now since I have decided to only run 6 rods at a time. I have a 10 footer I use for vertical jigging and I love it. I will still use that same rod for spider rigging but am going to buy 1 more 10 footer and the rest 12 footers. Do these lengths sound good for just starting out?
    Likes jphogfan21 LIKED above post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast