Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Berkley Crappie Nibbles?????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post
    After reading this I did a test , fished stakebeds with jigs and everytime bite was done I added a nibble to my jig. The end result was not good, no more fish hit.
    Hi Nimrod, I am not for or against Nibbles but this was not a fair test. If you wanted to compare effectiveness of the nibbles I think you would need to do it when the bite was on and see which one got more hits. Waiting till the bite stopped doesn't show much in my view. If you want to compare one product's effectiveness against the other all other things need to be equal to get any kind of valuable comparison. yada yada... Just sayin...
    Likes Moveon LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knot2Bad View Post
    Hi Nimrod, I am not for or against Nibbles but this was not a fair test. If you wanted to compare effectiveness of the nibbles I think you would need to do it when the bite was on and see which one got more hits. Waiting till the bite stopped doesn't show much in my view. If you want to compare one product's effectiveness against the other all other things need to be equal to get any kind of valuable comparison. yada yada... Just sayin...
    X2. Try putting nibbles on one pole and not on the other. Or try using nibbles after fishing a straight jig with no results. Last time I was on that lake I fished one of those stake beds in the creek. I marked lots of fish on my sonar, but they weren't too interested in my jig/nibble combo. The ones that did hit were short-striking and I never got a good hookset. After about 10 minutes of that I put a minnow on the jig and I started catching fish imediately. I have had times where nibbles were what made the difference, or using a smaller jig head, or a different color. All of these things have their place, you just gotta be lucky/good enough to know when to try them.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

Cmj , I agree with what you stated. If one thing worked all the time there would be very few threads on this site and fishing would be a lot cheaper.

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Basically each stakebed I fished first with plain jig. My theory was if it will get more bites then after you fished it add nibbles and fish them again. It should show if it makes them bite. I repeated it on each spot and got same results. Nibbles did not make them bite or I cleaned out every spot without them.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knot2Bad View Post
    We basically did that one with 3 of us fishing and the man tipping with nibbles caught less by a big margin. My other fishing buddy and I felt why use nibbles while catching them every cast?
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

get a syringe for 99 cents and use it works great

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post
    We basically did that one with 3 of us fishing and the man tipping with nibbles caught less by a big margin. My other fishing buddy and I felt why use nibbles while catching them every cast?
    That's a fair comparison now we just need to do it often enough to see if its consistent. I have seen where folks using minnows get all the action while artificial bait don't seem to work as well and also the opposite. Once does not make a fair case for or against.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clfarms1 View Post
    get a syringe for 99 cents and use it works great
    Yeah they actually sell one for power bait so that you don't get it all over you... I think I have one around here somewhere. If I was just organized!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I use the nibbles both soft and hard water seasons to scent my lures. I cut the nibbles to the size of lure I am using.( whole,1/2, or 1/3 of a nibble) I also temper the nibbles by drying which really helps keep the bait on the hook.
    I very,very seldom use any live bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't leave home and go fishin without them!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast