Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stick Steer Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stick Steer Boat

Anyone here drive a stick steer boat? I was thinking of getting a 16' Stick Steer with a 30 HP for the wife and I. This would be my first step up from a 16' Jon with a 9.9. I've found a good deal locally on one and am in the final stages of the decision. Can anyone suggest why I would or wouldn't be better with a 16' or 17' side console with a casting deck instead?

Any help welcome. I got the go ahead to get a new boat from the wife and she's actually excited. In fact, when I was talking about patio furniture she said "Yep, that's the top priority after a boat..." Last year she scoffed at me, now that we've been moved back to Arkansas for about a year she's realized what a paradise it is here.

Post Thanks / Like

Rough ride
    Crappie bite twice a day. 15 minutes before I get there and 10 minutes after I leave.
    The two loudest sounds are a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and one that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.
    If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can generally count on Paul's vote.

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer to stay in a 16' boat for price and ease of storage for myself, and it appears the rough ride might be true for most boats in this category. It's tough. Just like buying a truck or a house, you go in thinking exactly what you want and then you keep looking at the next step up, the next step up from that, and then all of a sudden you're way above where you wanted to be originally. Each time you think "Oh, that's only $2000 more dollars and that might be worth it for what I'm getting..." Then you see the next model and you think the same thing again.
    Likes jigtime LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

What lakes do you plan on fishing?

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

We have one and the turning isn't that great but if you are fishing open water that might not be a problem. I prefer a tiller or a wheel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creekslick View Post
    What lakes do you plan on fishing?
    I'm in Central Arkansas and used to always use Conway. I'd like to start branching out and try out Maumelle, Dardanelle, and some of the lakes out east. I want to start getting on some of the rivers too occasionally. I'm not one that needs a big lake but I'd like to be able to get on some of the bigger lakes every once in a while.

Post Thanks / Like

The reason I ask is because if you plan on fishing some of the big open lakes, Maumelle or Greers, gomer snerd is right about it being a rough wet ride in rough water.

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creekslick View Post
    The reason I ask is because if you plan on fishing some of the big open lakes, Maumelle or Greers, gomer snerd is right about it being a rough wet ride in rough water.
    That's definitely a good consideration.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    Anyone here drive a stick steer boat? I was thinking of getting a 16' Stick Steer with a 30 HP for the wife and I. This would be my first step up from a 16' Jon with a 9.9. I've found a good deal locally on one and am in the final stages of the decision. Can anyone suggest why I would or wouldn't be better with a 16' or 17' side console with a casting deck instead?

Any help welcome. I got the go ahead to get a new boat from the wife and she's actually excited. In fact, when I was talking about patio furniture she said "Yep, that's the top priority after a boat..." Last year she scoffed at me, now that we've been moved back to Arkansas for about a year she's realized what a paradise it is here.
    If you decide on one Ihave 2009 tracker panfish 17 for sale, 25hpmercury take $5000.00for it

Post Thanks / Like

I have had one for the past year and love it. I have a tracker panfish 16 with the 30hp on it. I will always have one now. I made a Walkaround video ad posted it on here last week. Just search and you can watch it. It might give you some ideas if you get one. My opinion doesn't amount to anything but I love mine.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast