HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: make your own crappie nibbles

jigflinger is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it ought to work. Gonna give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

Post Thanks / Like

that sounds like great.. seems like it would make great carp bait also!

Post Thanks / Like

They are great on lots of species of fish. I have caught bluegill, crappie, channel cats, carp, and a few large mouth bass. You can fish them on a plain hook or tip a jig with a piece. Also makes good chum. Throw a spoonful into your favorite brush pile to get fish active and feeding.
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by resevoirdog View Post
    You were a chopper pilot in NAM! My uncle was air cav in NAM he always talked about those crazy chopper pilots who would come and evacuate the wounded right in the middle of a firefight. My uncle was shot 13 times on Feb 3rd 1968. And he would have died if it wasn't for some psychotic chopper pilot who landed in thethe face of over 200 vc. Charlie turned that chopper into swiss cheese and my uncle said that crazy pilot was smiling like he just won the lottery. He told my uncle he would be ok and then he flew that hunk of scrap metal like there was no tomorrow. SO LET ME THANK-YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE SIR. HOOAH!!!
    Early Feb 68 was not a good time to be in Nam and I speak from experience, we were in the middle of the Tet Offensive. Yes I was one of those crazy pilots, I graduated flight school at 19 and I didn't turn 21 till June of 68 and came home in Oct of 68. Being crazy and always coming to get you is why we were called "Gods Lunatics" Not sure where your uncle served but I was stationed at Tay Ninh about 60 miles NW of Saigon right on the Cambodian border and supported mostly the 25th Inf in the Hobo Woods and Iron Triangle. Tell your uncle another Combat wounded Vet said "Welcome Home"

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team
    Thanks Ggt, shipahoy41 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna give these a try and use anise oil. Got a question though, when you're done fishing for the day, do you leave them out or refrigerate them if you have leftovers? I'm guessing they'll start to ferment if you leave em sitting out between trips.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Will give these a try. Thanks for the idea.

Post Thanks / Like

hmm, i may give it a shot today. will report back if i try and catch anything.

Post Thanks / Like

didnt fish, going this weekend.
    futhermore, i think that if i made a couple different recipes i could give the fish what they want. i think i will try mixing in berkley gulp alive juice.
    Likes Dave and Lynn LIKED above post

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like something I will try in the future. Welcome from Alabama. Glad you posted this.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by resevoirdog View Post
    You were a chopper pilot in NAM! My uncle was air cav in NAM he always talked about those crazy chopper pilots who would come and evacuate the wounded right in the middle of a firefight. My uncle was shot 13 times on Feb 3rd 1968. And he would have died if it wasn't for some psychotic chopper pilot who landed in thethe face of over 200 vc. Charlie turned that chopper into swiss cheese and my uncle said that crazy pilot was smiling like he just won the lottery. He told my uncle he would be ok and then he flew that hunk of scrap metal like there was no tomorrow. SO LET ME THANK-YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE SIR. HOOAH!!!
    Blackhawk19,
    I want to add my THANK YOU for your service as well. I was deferred from the draft in 1966 because of my occupation. I lost some of my best friends in that war and have always felt guilty about not leaving my job to go. Guys like you are the kind of heroes that keep this country free.
    Some of life's most precious memories take place in the presence of a fish.
    Thanks DaveB40 thanked you for this post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast