Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: B&M Sharp Shooter Rod

Post Thanks / Like

The Bass PRO Shop Microlite in the 5' 6" rod is the best I have ever used. I have two sharpshooters that I do not use anymore. The Microlites shoots the jigs farther. I use 4 pound line on a Pflueger Trion open face reel.

Post Thanks / Like

X2 on the ESP 6' powerlite rod!
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sharpshooting rod

I like my 5' St Croix Triumph for this as well as for both casting and vertical jigging. IMO the Triumph is an all around excellent general purpose crappie rod for those of us who fish shorter sticks.

Part of the issue goes beyond the rod, however. Line, reel and jig must balance with the rod for best performance. No rod by itself is the total package.

Post Thanks / Like

Use them almost exclusivly wouldnt care to switch will stand up to all !

Post Thanks / Like

I use the B&M SHARPSHOOTER and like it.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Nice rod
    Luke:5
    6And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys get line twist at the end of your rod? I put some Wally marshall 4lb hi viz line on my reel Thurs. Shooting docks this weekend I kept getting major corkscrew twist in my line at the end of the rod. So bad that I had to retie every 30 minuets or so cause it would twist around the end of my rod. Never had this problem before, I guess it is the line??? ANyone else had this problem???
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barrelslime View Post
    Do you guys get line twist at the end of your rod? I put some Wally marshall 4lb hi viz line on my reel Thurs. Shooting docks this weekend I kept getting major corkscrew twist in my line at the end of the rod. So bad that I had to retie every 30 minuets or so cause it would twist around the end of my rod. Never had this problem before, I guess it is the line??? ANyone else had this problem???
    Could have been the line. As I understand it, the Taiwan made Mr Crappie line isn't as good as the previous USA made stuff ... so it may not be as limp. It could also be the jig spinning during the shooting process, twisting the line. Or it may be operator error Doh ... having put the line on backwards Rofl (and, if so, I'm laughin WITH ya, not AT ya ... 'cause I've been there/done that, myself !! )

Run off about 1/2 of the spool, walking around out in the yard ... nothing on the line ... and let it drag thru the grass as you crank it back on the reel. Then test it again (at home or on water) and see if it still tip wraps on you. If it does ... I'd replace it with some Vicious or Sufix.

... cp
    Likes sailfish1 LIKED above post

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was a combination of rod guides and line. It make tight corkscrew twists at the end of the rod and maybe the line guides were stretching the line. I found a little cheap-o- Diawa rod Thur that was pretty stiff for an ultralight, and I guess I'll go back to my Ugly Stick.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I have had that happen when I put the line on backwards, too. I have also had some jigs that you just couldn't get the tail on straight enough no matter what you did; so that when you reeled in a little too fast the whole end tackle spun on you giving you the twist.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast