Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: bait sprays, attractant

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont think i'd ever pay that much for a hook..... Can you afford that reel from BPS?
    Likes VaCrappieMan LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Moose that was what I was concerned with is the hook set - I don't even care to use weedless stuff for crappie because I feel like I lose to many because the hook is not able to set
    crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Today I sat not knowing I had a crappie on until I began to rewind to re-position my line. This guy swallowed the hook and minnow. I must have been looking the other direction. The water was choppy so I didn't feel a thing.

I was fishing with minnows today because I haven't got but a few hits on jigs in the past two days.

When fishing with jigs as I normally do I've only been putting one or two nibbles on the barb end of the hook. I haven't ever tried pushing them up and under the jig. I'll give this a try.

Thank!
    Hoot
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Post Thanks / Like

I still like the Original Fish Formula, especially the gamefish scent. Ask Tim Gibson about it at Patoka!!!

Russ

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Russ, i cant find any here in n/w Pa. Is there anywhere to order it online.

Post Thanks / Like

Today was a beautiful day on the lake; I enjoyed it tremendously. I got shunked. The first time in years that has happened. I use crappie nibbles too. They did not work today. I tried 5 color patterns, not the first bite. Fish were showing on my fishing T.V. at all depths in 13 foot of water. One thing I did see was a... or I believe it to be... was a Pelican. My wife gave me the look as if saying...are you drinking again. The bird was approximately 100 yards away from me, swimming, and I thought..thats a big bird. So, I did a search, and low and behold, there is an American White Pelican. It was the bird I saw, he..she should not be in this area at this time, either the bird was injured or lost. The bird was swimming as though nothing was wrong. Was just one lone bird though, I thought that kind of odd. Well, I guess it is time to get out the spider rig and get at it. Using minnows next trip.

Post Thanks / Like

How far from the Gulf are you ?
    crap-king
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Arkanas, adjacent of Memphis,TN.

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king
    How far from the Gulf are you ?
    crap-king

Post Thanks / Like

mr pelican is off course a little - I have seen plenty of gulls 500 miles from the coast but never a pelican

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot
    I see a lot of the bass pro's use an attractant spray on their lures.

Does anyone use any sprays on their jigs. I use crappie nibbles most of the time but never the Yum panfish sprays I've seen at Wal-mart. I wonder if they are worthwhile for crappie?

Tks
    Hoot
    I'ts hard to find but I use the clear Baitmate on my cut-bait in the winter. It seems to me the nibbles work better in warmer water and the scents do better in winter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast