HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 69 of 166 FirstFirst ... 19596667686970717279119 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulling Cranks 101

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I for one have learned a lot from this thread. Thanks for starting it Maj.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Maj - I'll vouch for the 16-12-8' front to back setup out the sides, I can pretty much turn on a dime with no tangles as long as I don't have a ton of line out and I can't do that with only 2' difference in the rod lengths (as in 12-10-8 or something). I'll sometimes add a couple of down lines to that mix on 6' rods out the front holders.
    It's all over but the fryin'......
    Thanks roachjwr thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Cost of adding those line counter reels will put me off a little while, but what is some things that have worked for the folks like me running just spinning reels to help gauge line length. The rod length staggered like ya'll mentioned makes perfect sense. The way my boat is set up, it is too much to try and only pull off the rear while using the big motor with buckets or drift socks (unless one person drives and one person fishes and that just ain't all that much fun). By pulling longer rods off the front and two batteries for the trolling motor, I see that being the method I will use. One battery lasted long as I wanted on my first trip but there wasn't much of any kind of wind and the digital maximizer on the M/K helped too.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shine Runner View Post
    Cost of adding those line counter reels will put me off a little while, but what is some things that have worked for the folks like me running just spinning reels to help gauge line length. The rod length staggered like ya'll mentioned makes perfect sense. The way my boat is set up, it is too much to try and only pull off the rear while using the big motor with buckets or drift socks (unless one person drives and one person fishes and that just ain't all that much fun). By pulling longer rods off the front and two batteries for the trolling motor, I see that being the method I will use. One battery lasted long as I wanted on my first trip but there wasn't much of any kind of wind and the digital maximizer on the M/K helped too.
    Hey the Okuma line counter reels that a lot of us use can be had for 24.99 each at Northwoods Okuma Magda Pro Line Counter MA-15DX Northwoods Wholesale Outlet
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use buckets or drift socks....I use a Troll a Matic trolling plate on my 115 four stroke. I pull 6 poles three on each side .....I drive and watch the three on my side and my partner watches the three on his side. If I catch a fish....my partner holds the steering wheel straight for me while I reel it in. I sometimes have also tied the steering wheel with a bungie cord that I can hook and unhook easily.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

thats a pretty good price for those reels.......................anyone tried these Shakespeare Line Counter : Cabela's
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shine Runner View Post
    thats a pretty good price for those reels.......................anyone tried these Shakespeare Line Counter : Cabela's
    Those are a total waste of time and cash. Better to invest in a good line counter and be doin it right the first time!
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

so which is better the Okuma line counter reels or the daiwa line counter reels?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G3 Fisherman View Post
    I for one have learned a lot from this thread. Thanks for starting it Maj.
    X2 THANKS MAJ!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pullin on Bee

First of all, I hope this thread goes and goes and goes as long as people are teachin and learnin... Thanks Maj for starting it, I would have never started pullin if not for you.
    Bee was not too productive today. I know they are there, but the lake is down a foot or foot an half from when I last caught them. Water looks great, wind was bad.
    These pics are things that could happen to keep the day from being too dull.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    **** Click my Logo for products and ordering info****