View Full Version : Finally - I set up a separate Board Style with no ads.

03-18-2009, 08:48 PM
I have been listening. Some of you do not like all the google ads on the boards. It slows you down, and just interferes with all the fun. But to me, it's a necessary evil. Those goofy google ads are a big source of income. The sponsors at the top of the page provide prizes that I give away on the site, but google ads make me some money to help pay for the hosting costs.

Anyway, NOW you will be able to sign up and not get view any of those google ads. You will have to sign up in the Crappie.com Business Directory, and I will add you to the new Style. Sorry, but it will cost the basic listing rate of $9.95, I don't think that too much, otherwise you can simply view the ads.

Compare Memberships | Become a supporting Crappie.com Member (http://crappie.com/crappiedirectory/compare.php)

To sign up it's a two step process. You have to create a member login, yes another one (but use the same name as on the board please), and then you can add a listing.

If you sign up for the Basic $9.95 listing, you'll not see the google ads, if you sign up for the $49.95 listing I'll add sponsor to your Title on the board.

I really only created this to improve the site guys. You all are great, and if you don't want to see the google ads, and if you want to support the site, please sign up.

Hope this helps, and thanks as always for your participation on this great site.

Oh, all moderators will automatically get the ad free view.

03-18-2009, 11:01 PM
Yeah, does not seem to be working correctly yet.

I'm still working on it.

Let me know if you think this is a good idea?

03-19-2009, 06:09 AM
Slab, This is a great idea. I will be happy to contribute to keep from being so slow with the adds. Let me know when you have it working. You do so much for the crappie fishing community and I want to thank you for all your hard work and dedication to the site.:)

03-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Slab that's a nice idea, sure is
Good of you to do this for the crappie viewers here as I'm sure its creates more work for you.

03-19-2009, 12:00 PM
I have it working now. Go ahead and sign up if you are interested. And, as always, Thank you for your support.

David Mc
03-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Sounds like a good/reasonable solution. Love the site, thanks for letting us hang out here :)

03-19-2009, 01:13 PM
I really like the idea but would hate to pay for "ad free" to have a self promoter post up pics with a business card inserted in the pic.

03-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Great idea. Thank you.

03-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Ed, I just signed up and paid through PayPal. Used the same "SkeeterJeff" to register. Ads are still here, but I don't see myself listed in the Directory under Sponsor Members. I assume that is something you have to do manually?

Thank you for providing a great forum for crappie fishermen across the country. $9.95 well spent.

03-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Thanks Skeeter. You're all set now. You had to wait till I approved the listing and such, but you're all set now. PM me and let me know if the ads are gone for you, they should be.

03-20-2009, 06:43 AM
Slab, a very reasonable approach, thanks for offering the choice. Mine has not changed yet, I am just assuming it has to update. Thanks for proving this great forum for everyone to share and network. This is money well spent.

03-20-2009, 06:55 PM
poppop, you're all set now.

03-20-2009, 07:23 PM
OK, it's not working yet. Just got word back from Skeeter. I will get it to work, please be patient.

You can sign up, and like I said, it'll eventually work. But if you intend to sign up, just wait a little.

I'll be looking at it now, but next chance I'll have with time to work on it will be Sunday. Thanks guys for your patience.

03-20-2009, 09:37 PM
OK, again, I think its working now. CrappiePappy says he's not seeing the google ads. Sorry for all the confusion. Lets make sure, lets here feedback from some of those that have signed up.

btw, all moderators also get the Google Ad Free version of the board. I figure thats the least I could do for all their hard work.

Barnacle Bill
03-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Yup, the ads are gone Ed. Thanks

03-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Slab, great idea I have been using the site for a few months now and just love it I have already learned so much. I was already planning to make a donation and this just makes that even better! Thanks for all thework you put into this site.