Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to site and Crappies

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to site and Crappies

Hi all,

I have just found this site and was doing some looking. I am new to fishing for crappies, but I have caught a few on my fly rod while fishing for bass. I have a few questions in reguarding crappies and where to find and fish for them from shore during these hot summer days. I dont have a boat so that is why I am looking to find them from shore. Also what would be best to catch them, live bait or jigs with crappie nibbles on them. Thanks for all the help.

Mike P.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard, i fish the lay done trees with alot of brush coming out of them try jigs with a minnow... Thats how i get my best results..... Make sure there are plenty of branches sticking off the treee and in the water..... thight lines and welcome again

Post Thanks / Like

Default welcome

Hi, glad you're here. I'm fairly new here too, but I do talk alot :D
    This is a great bunch of folks, fun to be around.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome. I suggest that you put where you are located and what lakes you are close to. You will be amazed at the information and help you will get. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Prybis. Welcome to the site. You can't help but learn here. Tell us where you live. Chances are there's a member living around you that knows what the skinny is on fishing in your area.

You don't always need a boat, but it sure helps. Wally Marshall, aka "Mr. Crappie",(and a member of this site) wins a lot of tournaments wading in grass. I saw a video of him fishing like that and he was catching them fine.

Anywhere you can find cover you'll usually find crappie. Tree tops and limbs sticking out of the water are like beacons for me. Fishing docks are another place you can find them. Fish the edges and try to get your jig or bait underneath the dock. Even overhanging limbs that are shading the water can be good.

Let us know where you hail from.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site you will find a lot of good people here, and a lot of help.

may your livewells stay full, and your rods stay bent.

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Prybis-Welcome aboard!!If you hang out here i'm sure you"ll learn plenty.Crappie fishing gets in your blood!!Good Fishin To Ya !! Dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Prybis;;; Come on in the water's fine.!!!! If you ever thought of a question to ask, The answer is here.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

no excuse for not having a boat :D :D :D :D .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard
    This is place where both the newbie and the old-timer learn. I find that I am frequently learning some new little tidbit...or relearning and old one that I'd forgotten (Oldtimers disease)

Glad to have you with us
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast