Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Badin Stripers ?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Badin Stripers ?

I used to fish for Stripers at Badin back in the late 80's and early 90's and we wore them out just about every time we went, freelining live bait around points and islands, and the golf course. Haven't fished there in years and have decided to try trolling for them. Where should I start, and what is the go to bait now. I have picked up 4 trolling reels with line counters on 9' mooching rods and installed a Happy Troller on my Carolina Skiff.
    I have heard that things have changed since back then.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks guys,
    Last edited by Kellog; 01-24-2009 at 10:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

i would like to know where to fish for striper too at Badin. Any infomation would be great. Also if anyone have info on Jordan lake would be nice too.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about Badin. I'm from Arkansas. But I use a trolling set-up that is very basic but very effective.

I use 25 lb mono on the reels; place a 1/2 oz barrel sinker on the main line followed by a bead and a heavy swivel. Off the swivel, I use about 3 feet of 20lb florocarbon with a No. 5 or 6 Octopus red circle hook.

I bait up with whatever I can find; either black salties; golden shiners or (the best) 8-10" gizzard shad, all hooked through the lips.

I tie on a balloon, blown up to the size of an orange, above the weight to where the sinker is a couple of feet above where I'm marking fish on the finder.

Using my gps, I troll at .8 to 1.5 mph in the channels and on the ledges and I also do slow, large and lazy figure 8's around main lake points.

Best get there an HOUR before daylight. That's when the best action is happening, believe me.

Hope this helps. <><

aj