Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wednesday 8-18-04

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wednesday 8-18-04

Went again for a few hours today.We only caught three crappie.Caught a couple of bass and found another spot holding fish.They had lockjaw though.I could see them on the fishfinder in 18 ft of water near a downed tree.They were holding between 5 and 7 feet.Wish I'd have picked up some live minnows cause they sure weren't biting good on jigs.We may try this spot at night sometime.We have been doing a little better in the afternoons than morning.Thats all the fishing I'll be able to do the next couple of weeks.Hopefully you all will do better.
    Jim and Tammy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, I may try to go sunday morning.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Default 08/18/04

Quote Originally Posted by JnT
    Went again for a few hours today.We only caught three crappie.Caught a couple of bass and found another spot holding fish.They had lockjaw though.I could see them on the fishfinder in 18 ft of water near a downed tree.They were holding between 5 and 7 feet.Wish I'd have picked up some live minnows cause they sure weren't biting good on jigs.We may try this spot at night sometime.We have been doing a little better in the afternoons than morning.Thats all the fishing I'll be able to do the next couple of weeks.Hopefully you all will do better.

Thanks for the post, JnT.......sounds just like N. LA. Hope you will do better next trip. Fishing buddy Dave and I are planning a trip to Red River. We're going to try the oxbows for crappie; if they don't bite I'll be forced to try bass or bream. I'm fish hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey! I always keep a bass rod in the boat just incase.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sacalait steve
    Hey! I always keep a bass rod in the boat just incase.
    Brother,
    You gonna make daddy turn over in his grave talking about bass fishing. I thought that man raised you to be a perch jerker?
    Just for that I gonna have to put it on you at the card game tomorrow night. Its too late to cry now!
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon
    Brother,
    You gonna make daddy turn over in his grave talking about bass fishing. I thought that man raised you to be a perch jerker?
    Just for that I gonna have to put it on you at the card game tomorrow night. Its too late to cry now!
    I'M A REBEL!
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{