Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ahh, September...bow season

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ahh, September...bow season

Bow season in Tennessee starts on the 27th and I'm losing my mind waiting on it .

I been shooting about 100 shots every night. My bow is tuned perfectly, slinging a 392 gr. arrow a little over 300 fps . I got my trees picked out and I cut my shooting lanes last weekend. I got one more tree I need to cut lanes for, then I'm completely set.

Opening morning, I'm gonna be hunting a persimmon tree that is bordered by a white oak grove with muskedons (sp?) vines hanging all around. My stand is around 20 yards from where two trails converge coming into the grove .

What does yall's opening morning set up look like?

What bow, arrows, and broadheads yall shooting?

I shoot a BowTech Guardian with either Carbon Express Maxima Hunter or PSE X-Weave Predator STL arrows with Muzzy 100 gr. MX-3s.
    Mistah Kurtz - he dead
    A penny for the Old Guy

Post Thanks / Like

counting down the days also blackcrow.im shooting a browning f5 tornado with copper john sights ,whisker bisquit,easton xx78 superlites with feathers,and 100 grain 3 blade muzzys. and this will be my third year hunting this guyName:  Picture 003.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  68.3 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Draw me a map to your stand and I will be hunting.....

Opening morning, I'm gonna be hunting a persimmon tree that is bordered by a white oak grove with muskedons (sp?) vines hanging all around. My stand is around 20 yards from where two trails converge coming into the grove .

Post Thanks / Like

Default I know what you are talking about!

Ive got to wait until Oct 1st. Ive been shooting almost every night also. Sounds like you got a good spot picked out. I dont know If Ill be able to go opening mourning or not. I may have to be sick from work if its not to hot. I shoot a Bear Truth bow with Gold Tips and 125gr. Thunderheads about 395grains alltogether. Good luck everyone! I hope we can have a bowkill thread going.

Post Thanks / Like

IT DON"T START TILL OCT IN MISSISSIPPI DANG IT!!!! Any way, it ain't but a little over an hour to selmer TN from hear. Any body got a spot they want my to check out fer em?? Sounds like you two have some pretty good spots picked out. I will be hunting an oak bottom running between a large slough and the river. 30 yard shot to water on two sides with 4 year old pine plantations at either end. At the other end of the slough There is a very open cow pasture.
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

Ha, it's good to hear some other folks on here got the itch too!

mudbug, You live somewhere around Old Hickory don't you? That deer is a hog. I'll be praying you get a crack at him. How old is he? Do you hunt in middle Tennessee? I hunt almost exclusively in West Tennesse; so don't worry about me trying to hijack your woods . When I do hunt in Middle Tennessee, I hunt public land - Cheatham and Yanahli WMAs.

bobberwatcher, Brother I have high expectations for my spot too. Lord willing and if I can keep my cousins from sneaking in there, I'll get a shot at something. Coons come through there at dusk to get at the muskedons and persimmons, so I'm hopin' for a nice pelt this year as a bonus.

Bowhunter2, Great idea about the bowkill thread. Whoever sticks one first needs to start it. Bucks, does, turkeys, whatever, let's get the pictures on here.

Allright guys, good luck this season!
    Mistah Kurtz - he dead
    A penny for the Old Guy

Post Thanks / Like

yes im hunting around old hickory in sumner co. and the deer has to be at least 4 1/2 years old last year i seen him once during bow season at 100 yards then i guess he went nocturnal

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, I'll be practicing some this week-end. 1 October turkey and deer season opens for archery. I'll be going after archery No. 16 for my gobblers and I have lost count on the deer.

Mathews LX, 70lb,
    75 gr Miniblaster 1.75" cut

Hunting three areas: from a gorilla tree stand, a permanent tree stand and in a nice pin oak flat with the ole' trusty Double Bull ground blind.

All the best,

aj

"Keep a song in your heart." L. Welk