Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kerr Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kerr Report

Fished Sandy Creek for 2 hrs. Fri. afternoon and caught about 12 dinks.
    Sat. fished Buffalo hard from 8 till dark and kept about 14 up to 14 1/2 inches.
    Sun. same place, fished from 7 till 4 and kept exactly 12, but had my personal best. Registered at Buggs Island Bait and Tackle it was 2 lbs. 13 ozs. and 16 7/8 in. long.
    Needless to say I was real happy. Caught it on a slider head and john deere Kalins with a minnow.
    I also caught a rock ( striper ) that was CPR. We estimated the weight about 15 lbs.
    I have some pics. I'd like to share but still can't post. If someone will volunteer to post them I will e-mail them to you. Thanks
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gratz....

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel hunter
    Fished Sandy Creek for 2 hrs. Fri. afternoon and caught about 12 dinks.
    Sat. fished Buffalo hard from 8 till dark and kept about 14 up to 14 1/2 inches.
    Sun. same place, fished from 7 till 4 and kept exactly 12, but had my personal best. Registered at Buggs Island Bait and Tackle it was 2 lbs. 13 ozs. and 16 7/8 in. long.
    Needless to say I was real happy. Caught it on a slider head and john deere Kalins with a minnow.
    I also caught a rock ( striper ) that was CPR. We estimated the weight about 15 lbs.
    I have some pics. I'd like to share but still can't post. If someone will volunteer to post them I will e-mail them to you. Thanks
    ..sounds like ya had good time, how deep were ya catching dem fish?? was Buffalo muddy??..gonna try Kerr this week...thanks.. :D....congrats on catch..
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Post Thanks / Like

"eep", WTG sounds like a better day then I had over the weekend, Gratz on the Citation.
    mike (papermouth scaler)

it's cold.. it's raining....it's too windy...
    "fish on!!!"
    (What a great day for fishing) lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I also went to Buffalo on Sunday and caught about two dozen dinks. I had one fish big enough to keep. I was using only tube jigs and curly tail grubs. I saw Bill H there around 3:00, but did not speak to him.

I heard some hootin n hollarin in the middle of the afternoon. Was that you catching the biggun?

Congratulations on the wall hanger. I have to leave for travel to Florida on Wednesday but plan to take a day or two next week during my kid's spring break to try Kerr again.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the fish were caught in 9 to 12 ft. of water and were from 4 to 8 ft. deep.
    The creek was not muddy. I would say stained.
    Pan Man, where exactly was Bill at 3:00. I was looking for him on my way to the landing but never saw him. Did you see me in the little white wood boat?
    I was hootin and hollerin on the inside but managed to keep it quiet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel hunter
    Most of the fish were caught in 9 to 12 ft. of water and were from 4 to 8 ft. deep.
    The creek was not muddy. I would say stained.
    Pan Man, where exactly was Bill at 3:00. I was looking for him on my way to the landing but never saw him. Did you see me in the little white wood boat?
    I was hootin and hollerin on the inside but managed to keep it quiet.
    If I saw your boat, I don't remember it. I do remember the bass boats shaking the screws lose in my boat as they roared by and I think a PolarKraft with a Suzuki on the back that looked like it ws setup for shallow water. That boat must have been turning 6000 rpm, throwing a roostertail about 2-3 feet high from the prop, and moving less than 15 mph. It almost looked like he forgot to pull up his drift anchors or something.

Bill H was around the intersection of Buffalo and what I think is Little Buffalo Creeks. Here is a picture. The ramp is about a mile towards the mouth of the creek.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by PanMan_VA; 03-21-2005 at 04:18 PM.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

Keith, I recognize the spot and I can't believe I didn't see him on my way in.
    Oh Well.

Post Thanks / Like

hey squirrel hunter you are welcome lol.i remeber seeing someone else there also.
    Dave
    Boydton,VA

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Buffalo the past 2 days with not a lot of success. Trolled almost all day Sunday with 3 keepers and only one today. We had 2 monsters come loose. Caught a load of dinks. I remember seeing that boat and Im pretty sure it was there today too. Water is getting warmer everyday...Congrats on the big one and good luck to everybody.

Post Thanks / Like

billy how fast are you trolling.
    Dave
    Boydton,VA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast