Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hi everyone, just been lurking not posting.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi everyone, just been lurking not posting.

Haven't night stalked or thug hunted since May but have been chasing them green carp when I can. I'll be heading down to Santee for some canal thug fishing this weekend 08/04/07. Any reports on how the bite is in the canal. We'll be launching at Canal Lakes. I'll post reports and picture as usual when we get back.

Post Thanks / Like

Valdes, Spain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 33788
    Haven't night stalked or thug hunted since May but have been chasing them green carp when I can. I'll be heading down to Santee for some canal thug fishing this weekend 08/04/07. Any reports on how the bite is in the canal. We'll be launching at Canal Lakes. I'll post reports and picture as usual when we get back.
    Good to hear from you BB , take care of yourself and we'll be seeing you soon I am sure...
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

good luck down at the canal bb. good to see you
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Big E and Rango. With the stork about to deliver a new addition in October and work it's been quite busy. I just can't wait for the cooler weather to settle in, night stalking will be nice.

We got to the canal about 7PM and was fishing by 8PM. Word was the bite has been off all summer not like previous years at all. We decided to prove that word wrong and yes the bite was way, way off. We ended up with only 3 flats totaling less than 10 lbs (5, 5, & 1.5). 2 bit cut herring, another bit live bream. We were in 25ft. of water close to Moutrie on a drop off. They was not pulling water at all, the canal was down about 4 - 5 ft. We fished from the mouth at Marion to the end at Moutrie but nada. We had 10 boats in our party and 2 other boats managed a few. One boat had only (1) 23+ # blue, bit cut herring and that was it. Another had (4) 13 - 16+ # blues they bit cut herring and that was it. Everyone else zeroed, some had fishes to the side of the boat but got off, etc... I really need to get those drift socks for next year and just go learn the main lake drift in Marion. Several people at Canal told me that's how you're going to get anything above 30+ # right now. Can't wait till the next trip, looking forward to it.
    Last edited by 33788; 08-06-2007 at 03:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 33788
    Thanks Big E and Rango. With the stork about to deliver a new addition in October and work it's been quite busy. I just can't wait for the cooler weather to settle in, night stalking will be nice.

We got to the canal about 7PM and was fishing by 8PM. Word was the bite has been off all summer not like previous years at all. We decided to prove that word wrong and yes the bite was way, way off. We ended up with only 3 flats totaling less than 10 lbs (5, 5, & 1.5). 2 bit cut herring, another bit live bream. We were in 25ft. of water close to Moutrie on a drop off. They was not pulling water at all, the canal was down about 4 - 5 ft. We fished from the mouth at Marion to the end at Moutrie but nada. We had 10 boats in our party and 2 other boats managed a few. One boat had only (1) 23+ # blue, bit cut herring and that was it. Another had (4) 13 - 16+ # blues they bit cut herring and that was it. Everyone else zeroed, some had fishes to the side of the boat but got off, etc... I really need to get those drift socks for next year and just go learn the main lake drift in Marion. Several people at Canal told me that's how you're going to get anything above 30+ # right now. Can't wait till the next trip, looking forward to it.
    get the socks bb. to set up good drifts you need em to keep your speed at an acceptable rate. once you start using em, you gonna wonder how you managed to make it this long without em.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

a 5 gal bucket will slow a drift way down.
    G3PO