Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking For Tips On Cross Lake

PRO CRAPPIE 175 Guest

Default Looking For Tips On Cross Lake

Trying To Fish Lakes Closer To Home. That Grand Bayou Drive Sometimes Takes A Toll On You After A While, But You Really Dont Think About That If You Are Cathing Fish, Which I Have Been. Anyone Have Any Pointers On Where To Go On Cross Lake, I Am Clueless. I Also Would Love To Figure Out The Red River, Some Places To Go, What To Use. If Anyone Could Help It Would Highly Be Appreciated. I Am Just Getting Into Crappie Fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pro Crappie I75...

Quote Originally Posted by PRO CRAPPIE 175
    Trying To Fish Lakes Closer To Home. That Grand Bayou Drive Sometimes Takes A Toll On You After A While, But You Really Dont Think About That If You Are Cathing Fish, Which I Have Been. Anyone Have Any Pointers On Where To Go On Cross Lake, I Am Clueless. I Also Would Love To Figure Out The Red River, Some Places To Go, What To Use. If Anyone Could Help It Would Highly Be Appreciated. I Am Just Getting Into Crappie Fishing.
    Haven't fished Cross in a number of years, but we have a member that does and has been doing well there. To read his posts, go to the second thread page and see "Cross Lake" by csullivan.

Another fishery you may be interested in is Cypress/Black Bayou north of Bossier, but be advised...like Cross Lake, you must have a sticker before you launch in either lake, or you will be fined $25.00. They are separate, and each costs $10.00. C/BB requires a sticker on your trailer and your boat, but your 10 bucks covers both.

Just in case you haven't been advised, we have 3 simple rules:...."no personal attacts,......no foul language,......stay on topic on the state boards." We like for our women and children to enjoy the site also.
    You will find everyone here will be more than happy to help, and that's what makes our site stand out. We have an "off topic" board in which you can discuss anything decent within the rules. That said, PRO, enjoy the site, and if you have any questions feel free to contact me via PM, email or post. Click on my username in blue on the top left of this post, and you will find my profile w/links for both. Welcome to crappie.com and the LA forum, glad to have you on board, keep us posted on your fishing. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I've been driving to Lake of The Pines and doing well but I live blocks from Cross lake and know nothing about Crappie fishing there. The locals are tight lipped and the local tackle/bait shops have been no help. I when last night for a few hours and caught 6. I plan to keep at it. I promise to post any info I can find or learn. Percher

renvette Guest

Hello Percher,

I fish Cross Lake often. Were you under the 220 bridge? Sounds like you answered my question. The Cross Lake patrol (police) placed man made reefs there last year. I was wondering if fish were on them yet. Sounds like they are beginning to use the structure. I do most of my fishing around the bridges and broken boat docks. I rarely come home empty handed. I drift fish and use various rigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, 220 bridge. Pillings from 24 to 50 have brush under them and I fished in that area. I didn't look farther yet but I will soon. I bet most others have something under them too. Saw most of the fish that I caught on a cheapo Humminbird. Too windy to try em today. MY flat bottom is not the best idea for Cross but I love fishing out of it once I get there. What ever they used for reefs is not very hook friendly and I retied several times. Most of my fish came between the pillings anyway.
    Where is the deepest water? I have never really found any hint of a chanel or creek. Thanks, Percher

PRO CRAPPIE 175 Guest

I Am Going Fishing Tomorrow And Will Probably Try Cross Lake. I Will Try Under The Bridge And See What Happens. Thanks For The Pointers.

Post Thanks / Like

Wish you luck...I'm in the same boat as you....which I knew more about Cross Lake cause it's sooooo close! Let's hear some specifics from your trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tsullivan
    Wish you luck...I'm in the same boat as you....which I knew more about Cross Lake cause it's sooooo close! Let's hear some specifics from your trip.

Hello, tsullivan.......glad to see you posting on the site. Saw that mikeg had posted too, he had some trouble with his computer but apparently has it going now. Welcome aboard, t, looking forward to your posts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by renvette
    Hello Percher,

I fish Cross Lake often. Were you under the 220 bridge? Sounds like you answered my question. The Cross Lake patrol (police) placed man made reefs there last year. I was wondering if fish were on them yet. Sounds like they are beginning to use the structure. I do most of my fishing around the bridges and broken boat docks. I rarely come home empty handed. I drift fish and use various rigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Renvette: Now you've me curious! I went to the Cross Lake Patrol office this afternoon to get new stickers for my boat and I ask that officer there about the reefs you mentioned. He had never heard of them before! What's up with that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast