Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new guy

Post Thanks / Like

Default new guy

HI guys i am new here,i have been reading , and learning alot from everyone,i like fishing chicot park,and a little millers lake with some success i like using jigs and some time shinners,i have 2 boys that love to fish also,we went this past saturday and did ok at chicot,caught a few that the tails were beet up ,so that means they were starting to fan the beds.i am learning from an old white pirch fisherman that been a long time family friend.and really learning how to hunt for them. it is a great sport for my two boys and myself.
    " did you see my line it just moved "

Post Thanks / Like

Default hello

Hey Crappie hunter

Well I am learning also. But what little I did know has been turned two fold already in the past week by some really good folks on this board sharing what they know. Just keep asking questions and sharing with others is what it seems to be about. And yeah going and catching some good fish. Goodluck and be safe on the water. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go guys. I already didn't sleep last night thinking about fishing this weeknd. Now for sure I ain't going to sleep and you may just force me to take a day off before the weekend.
    Hope ya"ll catch a bunch!
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Default jig

hay deacon i am the same way,i am always hunting for the next bump on my jig pole,i like to tite line with my jig pole ,but some time i use a cork and shinner.there is something about that little tap on a jig pole that makes my blood pressure rise,but evan more is watching my 2 boys catch some.
    hay crossbayouguy i know someone that fishes sal.and does reel well there he drives a freight truck and delv/ to us here and his very helpful on fishing .he makes a log on when,where,and how every time he goes out fishing and is very helpful on what type of scructure to look for,

Post Thanks / Like

huntingcrappie- I have started a big calender with info on it for each day. A log book of sorts. Well still fogged in offshore. 180 miles out
    maybe some time this week i can go drown a minner
    yall save some seed for me

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys,
    I checked my log book for this week in February of last year. These are my entries for 8th, 9th, 10th, Sacalait biting / Partly cloudy / Temp in 50's / green & black tube jigs / pits on levee / saw ice chest each day with 2 man limits
    These were caught by some guys where I work. They would take the morning off, fish and come to work about noon. This went on all that week. I never got to go last year. Once is a mistake / twice shame on me. I will be out this weekend. Rain or shine. I will post and let everyone know good or bad.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crossbayouguy
    huntingcrappie- I have started a big calender with info on it for each day. A log book of sorts. Well still fogged in offshore. 180 miles out
    maybe some time this week i can go drown a minner
    yall save some seed for me

If you don't mind me asking, what floater/ship/TLP are you working on? I work in the Gulf, myself, and visit a lot of different ones. I'm also on a 14/14 schedule, although that's a loose interpretation. I have to work over until my job is done. I heading home Wednesday and plan on catching Tew Lake just right.---Pooch

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Mamou, tried many times fishing Chicot for crappie, can't catch a thing...any advice? I'm not looking for honey holes, just general advice on a lake that has always "stumped" me.

Post Thanks / Like

hi rickinla it is nice to here from someone close to home. i like fishing the south side of the lake with jigs it took me at least a year before i caught any crappie,so what area of the lake do you fish.then i can tell what i do.and how i fish it,

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried the trees (cypress and tupelo) acroos from south landing with shiners and jigs--also around turtle island? i think--never fished much south--I'm always looking for deep water, maybe should be working the trees more instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast