Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: lake fausse state park

dirtdog Guest

Default lake fausse state park

I have caught sac a lait off the piers that are shared bye every two cabins,but captn cleaves rents boats.I am not familiar with that area any pointers on where to go since i will be launching from cleaves?
    also are the sac a lait spawining there yet i know feb. is a good month usually!
    thanks in advance,,,,dirtdog....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog
    I have caught sac a lait off the piers that are shared bye every two cabins,but captn cleaves rents boats.I am not familiar with that area any pointers on where to go since i will be launching from cleaves?
    also are the sac a lait spawining there yet i know feb. is a good month usually!
    thanks in advance,,,,dirtdog....
    Take the canal that goes under the park access roadwhere the piers are and East. When you get toward the end there will be a levee with a small break to the right.
    Go through that break and keep going east. You will pass a small island and then you will be in a large cypress stump field. BE CAREFUL! We fish the stump area as well as to the back right of this stump field.
    You can also fish Twin Lakes which is on the way toward the stump field. It is a small cut on the right bank and will have a sign saying? Twin Lakes
    You can also fish all the barrow pits on the left bank.
    If you are adventuresome you can go into the main lake and hit the "Dog Leg" canal or "Cotton Canal" I heard they were catching some in these canals.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.