Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: D'Arbonne & Rain

beerluvr99 Guest

Default D'Arbonne & Rain

It looks like my big fishing plans on D'Arbonne are going to be spoiled by rain How do the crappies ack in the rain? Do they go deep, shallow, or quit bitting? We are still comming and staying at the cabins, we WILL have a good time, but I would like to catch a few fish to make the grease stink. Give me some pointers for the rainy weather, PLEASE.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beerluvr99
    It looks like my big fishing plans on D'Arbonne are going to be spoiled by rain How do the crappies ack in the rain? Do they go deep, shallow, or quit bitting? We are still comming and staying at the cabins, we WILL have a good time, but I would like to catch a few fish to make the grease stink. Give me some pointers for the rainy weather, PLEASE.
    Rain, should be out of here by Sat. morning according to the weather channel. THe water may be a little stained depending on how much rain and wind we get tonight and tomorrow but the fish will still bite. You may have to move around to locate them. Some of the best fishing I have ever done is with a little light rain coming down. You just have to be prepared for it. Dress accordingly. I will be on the water Sat.(not on D'arbonne but on Poverty) no matter what it's doing - except for 40 MPH winds and lightning.Good Luck and let us here on your success.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beerluvr99
    Everything I have read said that on a falling barometer the fish tend to suspend a little less closer to the structure making them easier to catch. Notice how I said read. I cannot say through my experience. The way I look at it is fish don't mind getting wet (LOL) so I guess it all depends on the wind and lightening associated with the weather. All I can say is come hell (can we say that) or high water I'm going fishing somewhere this weekend!
    I have a book that gives pointers about fishing and its relation to the barometer. I will look it up and try to post something a little later.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon
    Everything I have read said that on a falling barometer the fish tend to suspend a little less closer to the structure making them easier to catch. Notice how I said read. I cannot say through my experience. The way I look at it is fish don't mind getting wet (LOL) so I guess it all depends on the wind and lightening associated with the weather. All I can say is come hell (can we say that) or high water I'm going fishing somewhere this weekend!
    I have a book that gives pointers about fishing and its relation to the barometer. I will look it up and try to post something a little later.

I'm with you Deacon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

specker Guest

Default Just checked weather.com

they are calling for AM showers. It depends on how much rain we get from now thru Sat AM. If we get 2"+ that generally shuts down the fighing because the water gets muddy and rises. On the other hand if we only get.5"-1" my experience is that fishing can still be good. I don't change my technique too much. Find a good stack of fish in the channel and fish about a foot above the shallower ones. The wind is the big problem, weather.com is calling for 7mph from the ENE. When the wind gets in the 10-15mph zone it gets tough. I plan to out there Sat. AM, its always worth a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon

Seems like (in my limited experience) I've always done better on a falling barometer. It is an indicator of a front moving in and they will usually try to feed up before it arrives. Then, after the baro goes back high again, they have a tendency to get lockjaw and hang tight to deeper structure or bottom for a couple or three days. I've gotten to where I'll wait for a falling barometer if a front is coming in. Most times, it's good, but not always. Nothing is 100% in crappie fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by labill
    Seems like (in my limited experience) I've always done better on a falling barometer. It is an indicator of a front moving in and they will usually try to feed up before it arrives. Then, after the baro goes back high again, they have a tendency to get lockjaw and hang tight to deeper structure or bottom for a couple or three days. I've gotten to where I'll wait for a falling barometer if a front is coming in. Most times, it's good, but not always. Nothing is 100% in crappie fishing.
    Bill,
    It looks like Sunday will fall right. The weather is going south Sunday evening and Monday. Maybe, Just Maybe I will set the hook on a few Sunday morning.
    How about you?
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.