Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spanish Lake Tournament

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spanish Lake Tournament

SacalaitSlammer,
    Are you going to fish the Spanish Lake sacalait tournament this March?
    I heard a report that a couple of nice fish came out of there last week.
    If the weather holds out I might start concentrating on the lake this coming Sunday.
    It is a hard place to catch sacalait but when you do they are big.

Anybody else out there in our area of the woods thinking about fishing the tournament?
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon
    SacalaitSlammer,
    If the weather holds out I might start concentrating on the lake this coming Sunday.

Anybody else out there in our area of the woods thinking about fishing the tournament?
    Deacon,

When is this tournament? I have fished Spanish Lake quite a few times and have never done very well. But I have heard what you said about the size when you do catch them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by basinfisher
    Deacon,

When is this tournament? I have fished Spanish Lake quite a few times and have never done very well. But I have heard what you said about the size when you do catch them.
    March 20, 2005
    Maybe sacalaitsteve and I will see you there?

Post Thanks / Like

This Is Benthook.........sounds Like A Good Deal, Ive Fished Spanish Lake Often. Mostly For Bass, But Ive Seen Large Sac A Lait Come Out Of There. Right Now Im Concentrating On Dautreve/ Faussee Point. Any Reports And Locations??????? Usaf Retired 1954-1975

Post Thanks / Like

benthook,
    I have not heard to much about the two lakes. The wind has been up the last couple of weekends and deer season is still on.
    I did hear a few fish were caught in the Dog Leg canal.
    I have not made up my mind on where I will go this weekend. All I know is I'm going somewhere Sunday. I would like to fish Spanish Lake but I have had such a dry spell that I don't know if I want to spend the time scouting in the lake or fishing in the pits on the levee.
    I went to my favorite pit this past Sunday and trolled around with the fish finder. I came across a deep area (18') and the fish were stacked up.
    I really thought I would do well but I did not have the anchor and the wind made it next to impossible to stay over the area. I will wait to see the weather report on Saturday and make up my mind then.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Deacon For The Update. I Went To Fausse Point Two Weeks Ago And Could Have Used A Sail Boat. Is Your Favorite Pit Area Around Sandy Cove Landing???? Good Place When You Can Get In. Maybe One Day We Can Make A Trip Together...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon
    SacalaitSlammer,

I don't think so. I have a registration form right now for "Louisiana's Best Sac-a-lait" fishing tournament. Crappie Buster and I are thinking of entering. Have you ever fished it before.
    I'd rather be fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SacalaitSlammer
    I don't think so. I have a registration form right now for "Louisiana's Best Sac-a-lait" fishing tournament. Crappie Buster and I are thinking of entering. Have you ever fished it before.
    I have not. Where is the tournament held and when? Might just try it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benthook
    Thanks Deacon For The Update. I Went To Fausse Point Two Weeks Ago And Could Have Used A Sail Boat. Is Your Favorite Pit Area Around Sandy Cove Landing???? Good Place When You Can Get In. Maybe One Day We Can Make A Trip Together...
    The pit is right across from the Ruiez landing. Around the area of the levee re-work. I have made up my mind. I will be there at sunrise Sunday. Me, the Miller Lite brothers and who ever else wants to go.

Post Thanks / Like

the first tourny is held feb 6th at lake faUSSEE POINT CAMP GROUNDS. MEMBERSHIP FEE 20.00(ONE TIME) THEN 60.00 PER BOAT EACH TOURNY. TRY TO GET AN APPLICATION FROM M& M TACKLE OUT OF HENDERSON. ITS A GOOD TOURNY. SEVEN DIFFERENT LOCATIONS, ONE A MONTH, THEN A CLASSIC IN SEPT. I MAY FISH THE CIRCUIT THIS YEAR. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast