Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Summer Trolling

slabseeker Guest

Default Summer Trolling

I am interested in finding out how many of our members troll for crappie during the months of June, July, and August. I slow troll with minnows and would be interested in reports of others doing the same. I went today and caught 33 at Sardis.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling for Crappie/Sardis

Slabseeker, I troll for crappie off and on all summer, but I always pull crank-baits (Bandits). I have a rod holder built for the back deck of my boat that will hold up to (4) rods. I set the trolling motor to run about 1.5 MPH, and check the speed with a GPS. It's a pretty simple system and I can usually catch a decent mess of crappie.

I was in the Toby Tubby area this morning and tried trolling for the first time this year. I caught 10 decent fish in about two hours, it was sorta slow. I usually don't keep over a dozen fish, I just don't like to clean more than that at one time.

slabseeker Guest

Default Hot Weather Action

Pops, I have been trolling three times in the past week and have caught 42, 33, and 25. We are trolling with minnows and are fishing about 20 ft. deep. I know what you mean about not wanting to clean a bunch but they sure are fun to catch. It's hard to stop when they are really biting even though you know that the cleaning part is the least favorite part of the experience. My father in law went in his boat along with us Tuesday and had the limit by 8 a.m. I saw several people out trolling with bandits and looked as if they were having good luck also.

Post Thanks / Like

We'll troll once in a while while moving out to our favorite spots. My husband has had pretty good success using a Mepps in-line spinner with an orange blade and squirrel dressed treble. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

sidvicious Guest

i'm interested in trolling on my local oxbows, which by definition could be quite difficult.

there's much structure aside from the old channel. too, the channel is often strewn with logs. nevertheless, with the slow activity here in arkansas i'm considering trolling as you guys are referencing it.

cheers,

sv-

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabseeker
    I am interested in finding out how many of our members troll for crappie during the months of June, July, and August. I slow troll with minnows and would be interested in reports of others doing the same. I went today and caught 33 at Sardis.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

I am from Louisiana and I troll a 16th ounce jig in a zig zag patern till I find
    the most productive area then I concentrate on this depth. many big slabs
    are taken in this type of fishing.
    -----------------------
    FISH ON !
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{