Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tues. on Darbonne

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tues. on Darbonne

Specker, didn't have any luck today. Fished about 4 hrs. and didn't even get a bite. Off this weekend so I may try again Sat. If it is a little warmer may even run down your way...Too cold to run down the lake today...
    Rick

specker Guest

LTF,

I hate to hear you struck out Tues. Its way too cold to come home empty. There is a landing on Terral Is. that is a staight shot to the spot where I have been killing them. I don't know which way you come into Farmerville but I am guessing that you are putting in at the marina. If you get onto Hwy 2 going towards Sterlington you will pass Wal-Mart then D'arbonne Church of Christ. Just past the church on the right you will see Terral Island Rd. it is clearly marked. Follow the road and you will go around a curve to the left that goes down hill. At the bottom of the hill on the right there is a landing. There is a marked boat road that leads straight to the channel. Stay closer to the red markers because there are some stumps on the green side that havent been removed. I have been fishing right at the end of that boat road in the channel. I have been using large shiners fishing about 16ft. The jig guys weren't doing much last weekend, I find large shiners work best for the big fish but thats just my personal opinion. I know everyone has their preferred bait. If you go toward the Hwy 33 bridge in the channel you will see a marker for Stow Creek on the left. A lot of folks have been fishing around that area in the last couple of weeks. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Specker. I had forgotten about that boat ramp. I am familiar with Farmerville. I grew up there. Fish at Stowe creek frequently when the water is down. May give the Terral Island area a shot if I make it up there on Sat. Hopefully it won't rain, but it is supposed to rain this weekend. Will let you know. May even run into you up there. Are you tight-lining the shiners or fishing with a float.
    Rick

specker Guest

LTF,

I use corks. I will be in a 14 Alumacraft with an old Evinrude 9.5hp. I have a piece of white PVC for a tiller extension. You cant miss it. Ill be there sat if its not raining.