Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help Me Catch Some Ky. Lake Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help Me Catch Some Ky. Lake Crappie

I went to Ky. Lake crappie fishing this weekend and didn't do to good. I caught 6 small fish and three keepers a 10, an 11 and a 13. I fished Pisgah Bay for two days during the day and tried using Starfire II lights at night . I fish in the creek channel and over brush piles. The 10 incher was caught during the day over brush the 11 was caught at night over the creek channel and the 13 was caught over brush. What am I doing wrong. Is Pisgah not a very good place for crappie? Would Jonathon Creek be a better choice ? Iusually fish Rough River lake but the size of the fish theredoesn't compareto Ky. Lake fish. It's also about four foot above summer pool now and the stickups I usually fish don't stick up right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Default not sure

i wish i could help, i do not get a chance to fish down their very often, but i do have richard williams booked for november 3rd hope it picks up before then, just keep trying.
    WE NEED MORE COWBELL

Post Thanks / Like

Bad weekend for crappie. They have pulled a lot of water out of Ky. Lake. She is low, low, low! I would imagine that what crappie had moved in, pobably moved due to the draw down. I talked to my buddy Tom at Ky. lock last night & he said that they are gonna start holding some water. This along with the dropping water temps over the next week should improve the fishing. Again I'm on a towboat so I can't give you any first hand info for a couple more weeks. I'll get after'm when I get off & keep you posted.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I didn't know you were on this forum Wiskers! Thanks for all your help last week.I guess I just hit the lake at the wrong time. I found some of the brushpiles you told me about. I was sort of wondering if the full moon could of hurt the bite some too. I didn't even have that many baitfish coming into the lights. It was still a great trip though. I can't wait to get back,but it's a 240 mile drive round trip so I want to get all the information I can before I head back.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Sorry Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by glenmorebuckman
    Hey, I didn't know you were on this forum Wiskers! Thanks for all your help last week.I guess I just hit the lake at the wrong time. I found some of the brushpiles you told me about. I was sort of wondering if the full moon could of hurt the bite some too. I didn't even have that many baitfish coming into the lights. It was still a great trip though. I can't wait to get back,but it's a 240 mile drive round trip so I want to get all the information I can before I head back.
    Hated to hear about the bad fishin. They have really pulled the lake down. I left you a private message on here. Let me know if I can help make your next trip a little better. I'm not the best but I do catch a few.:D
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff