Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: need some info guys

"CRAPPIE BUSTER" Guest

Question need some info guys

I haven't done much winter slab fishing usually fishing for reds this time of year. But i have decided to fish for slabs from now on. Not havimg any luck at all so for, in fact i couldn't buy a fish lately. any advise would be greatly apreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey, Crappie Buster....

Quote Originally Posted by CRAPPIE BUSTER
    I haven't done much winter slab fishing usually fishing for reds this time of year. But i have decided to fish for slabs from now on. Not havimg any luck at all so for, in fact i couldn't buy a fish lately. any advise would be greatly apreciated.

welcome to the LA Board and crappie.com......glad to have another member. We've had a slow summer and early fall, but the crappie are finally bunching up in their winter patterns now. Fishing buddy Dave and I caught approx. 22 or 23 and kept 12 good keepers. All were caught drifting on jigs tipped with Rosy Reds at 14 to 18 ft. in +/- 20 ft. of water. It's a little colder here in NW LA than in Abbeville, and it's headed your way. Cruise the channels and drop offs with your sonar, look for big schools and make them an offer they can't resist. Deacon and SacalaitSteve can probably give you some good ideas about where and when, being in your area. Best of luck........