Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New boat!

Post Thanks / Like

Default New boat!

Jerry -

Shopped for a new center console Kenner but being Christmas time and all I was forced to go economy.

Regardless...the wife isn't happy about this arrangement either.

Hoot
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "You should have been here yesterday!"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Hoot:

Drop an ice chest in the front of that baby and some rod holders down the side and you're all set!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

thats a goodun right there, i don't care who you are

Post Thanks / Like

Put'n the running lights on the uprights. The thing turns on a dime.

Post Thanks / Like

Jerry - I've looked at a bunch of the center consoles and $$! Looks like the used ones hold their value pretty well. Also most, as expected are on saltwater. I did contact Blue Wave and they sent me some info. Not many dealers around here however. Mostly Texas.

Post Thanks / Like

Default now what

where you going put the Turkey Christmas Day
    crap-king
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default carolina skiff

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot
    Jerry - I've looked at a bunch of the center consoles and $$! Looks like the used ones hold their value pretty well. Also most, as expected are on saltwater. I did contact Blue Wave and they sent me some info. Not many dealers around here however. Mostly Texas.
    I have a Carolina Skiff 198DLX with a 90hp Johnson 4 stroke - the carolina skiff is made in waycross, ga - originally it was made in Morehead City, NC - thus the name - the 198 is for 19' long and 80" wide - lots of room - bought mine in Sanford, NC at Chatlee Marine they have a website and a link to carolina skiff's website - my boat with a 27 gal fuel tank, lowrance X-51 fishfinder, live well, stainless steering wheel, stainless rails on front and back was a little less than $14,000 - the 4 stroke motor was $1400 extra but well worth the money - I don't know who may carry the carolina skiff in your area but their website I think does have a dealer locator - I fish mostly saltwater in NC - but I like crappie fishing as well and I don't have it rigged like I want it yet - but I will eventually get there
    crap-king
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Hoot:

Talked to the former owner of Xpress Boats at the boat ramp Thursday and he gave me a brochure for their 2005 lineup - they have three new center console models - Xpress Boats

Like I mentioned the other day - center consoles are getting a lot more popular.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take a look at the websites for both Carolina and Express boats. I think the center console makes a lot of sense. I'll bet we begin to see more of them on the lakes up here before long. I like 19 to 20' and the width that comes with it. It gets a bit shaky out on the lake when the wind whips up in the smaller ones.

Tks
    Hoot

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention the DLX is a patented design on the front section of the boat's bottom - it is rippled as to make a drier ride as it throws the water out and down - it also comes in a semi-v which turns better but is not as dry a ride - mine seems to turn fine - I just wish i had a little more storage space - the front platform is about all the storage you have - I use my cooler seat as dry storage and have a cushioned cooler for my drinks and use it as a seat
    crap-king

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast