Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Chicot Lake....ville Platte Area

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chicot Lake....ville Platte Area

Any One Have Any Current Info On Chicot Lake???? If So How About Location. I Plan On Going Thursday, Unless The Rain/winds Get Me. Thanks For The Info. Benthook...usaf Retired....1954-1975

Post Thanks / Like

benthook, did you get a chance to go to Chicot yesterday?
    I was a little late reading this post, but probably couldn't have helped much. Though I have fished the lake a lot, I have not fished it this time of year. Only cold weather fishing I have done there is with yo-yo's at night. Just have wonderd where those big fellows that we catch at night on the yo-yo's are at during the day?!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up chicot park

i fish there alot ,big ones are starting to hit,if you go north find some grass and work it reel slow,i am going tomorrow afternoon i will let you know how i do .just getting back in the grove from fla.trip.
    " did you see my line it just moved "

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the replys. i did go, but had trouble with the yamaha so just trolled around the north landing, (the south landing is closed?????) the south end is muddy. didnt catch anything. i may try it again next week if boat is out of the shop. thanks again benthook....usaf retired...1954-1975

Post Thanks / Like

CHICOT LAKE
    they are starting to bite, nice fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Default report

Sorry i cant help you with CHICOT.I'm fishing Iatt and Nantachie lakes.IT aint been good on grass beds for me seen this record warm weather moved in.Earlier this past week it was fair over grass beds on Iatt.
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---DONT EVERYBODY ? Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Default chicot

they catching in chicot..i been away from forum awhile,,been deer hunting..just got back from north la...fixing to hit chicot hard starting next week...will start posting again soon...good luck all..

Post Thanks / Like

Had a report that they are still catching at Chicot in the water hycinth. Make hole with rake or hook and fish with blk/chart or blue/white jigs. Hard work but the fish were nice.