Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night Fishing Docks

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Night Fishing Docks

Within the last week the weather has been warm and the Crappie are moving in at night to feed on baitfish that is attracted by someone's nightlight on their piers and boathouses. I went three times in the last week and the first time I caught 32 nice Crappie.....second time 14.....and tonight I just came in from fishing with 18. Their biting between 5:45pm & 8:00pm. It want last long because cold weather is forcasted in the next few days and then the Crappie will be on the move out to deep waters. I have always fished at night in the spring and summer and never this time of year. Of course we are having unusually warm weather in North Louisiana right now. They were all in 4 to 6 feet of water.

R & R
    "Just one more drop of my Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rod & Reel
    Within the last week the weather has been warm and the Crappie are moving in at night to feed on baitfish that is attracted by someone's nightlight on their piers and boathouses. I went three times in the last week and the first time I caught 32 nice Crappie.....second time 14.....and tonight I just came in from fishing with 18. Their biting between 5:45pm & 8:00pm. It want last long because cold weather is forcasted in the next few days and then the Crappie will be on the move out to deep waters. I have always fished at night in the spring and summer and never this time of year. Of course we are having unusually warm weather in North Louisiana right now. They were all in 4 to 6 feet of water.

R & R
    Hey, R & R.....looks like we are both night owls. Saw your post to Tommy.....but hey, you're doin' pretty good yourself. 18 sounds like a good number to me. Enjoyed the trip with you and the guys yesterday, hope we can do it again soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys...We are planning a night trip tonight on my pontoon boat. I have never done this before but we are determined to try it. We are taking my fish cooker and some of the fillets that we caught yesterday for a fish fry aboard the boat while trying to fish.
    I have no idea if the bigger fish will bite at night or not, but have caught them before this time of the year in the deeper water. I know the fish are there due to the fact that I have caught them there for over a week now, however; most of them have been small compared to what I am normally catching. Not that I am complaining. My favorite fish to eat is one about hand size fried whole. I am willing to work for anything worth while!!! LOL
    Last edited by Tommy; 11-10-2004 at 09:43 AM.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Tommy, I have done some night fishing on my pontoon boat. If you set up in deep water, I have found out that it usually takes over 2 hours before you start catching any. If you have a trolling motor on your pontoon boat don't rule out fishing any Docks that have a light on them while the weather is still warm. The weather is supposed to be highs in low 50's & lows in low 40's for the next few days. This should stop the shallow water fishing. But the good thing is the cooler it gets the better Lake O' The Pines will be, then we catch them in 40 ft water. Good luck on your night trip and it sounds like whether you catch anything or not eating Crappie filets is a whole lot better than catching them.

R & R
    "Just one more drop of my Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Tommy........Were you able to find ed last night? Just curious to see if the site will support MPEG.