Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Got waxed this morning

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got waxed this morning

Went for a couple of hours this morning and caught about 12 but only 3 keepers. A friend fishing fairly close had about 12 keepers and his largest weighted 1lb 5ozs. Some days your are the hero and the next day a zero. Got to thinking about a crock pot full of veg soup Carol had put on before she left for her perm and I headed home. Hear the BassPro in Jackson is open, anyone been and how is the crappie stuff?
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes you are the windshield and sometimes you are the bug. What color did they want? Last time we were there the wanted limegreen with a chartreuse tail and pink nibble. Haven't been to bass pro yet, but from what I saw on the news last nite I'm gonna wait a week or two. They showed people standing in line to get in and that's not my scene. When the new wears off I'll go. May try to get down there to Okatibee Saturday morning depending on the weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got an e-mail from my buddy and he caught 18 today. I think he said his best color was black/pink. Almost all I caught were on that color too. Mine were just too small. About all I want is some new line in 6 lb, cheaper for me to work up an order and send it off to somebody, I am wanting to try both the Cajun and Mr Crappie line. BassPro's catalog doesn't show 6 lb Cajun line and Cabelas doesn't carry Mr Crappie. My favorite was TriMax but I don't think they make it anymore. But the Cajun line is a copolymer.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Trimax was some great line, and you are right they don't make it anymore. I sure can't figure out why not.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Got both...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ
    , I am wanting to try both the Cajun and Mr Crappie line. BassPro's catalog doesn't show 6 lb Cajun line and Cabelas doesn't carry Mr Crappie. My favorite was TriMax but I don't think they make it anymore. But the Cajun line is a copolymer.
    ............Howdy Steve, you'll like the Mr.Crappie and Cajun lines...got 6# in both Mr.C hi-vis green.....very little memory.....casts good too....good luck to ya.!!!!
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........