Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lockjaw!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Lockjaw!!!!

We fished Sat and Sun and they were tough. 6 hours total Sat a new pond, 1 crappie, 1 gill both better than decent. Sorry no pics.... Sun, back to an old favorite and no bites until 1 hour before dark. The total was 2 bass and 5 gills through the 14'' ice. The for certain master angler gill was through the hole floppped back into it when I went to grab it....Im sure the scream could be heard in the next county, thought it was a bass when bringing it up, and it straddled the hole, 2'' per side before it slithered back into it unhooked of course. The young one had a decent crappie within sight but got off. At both locations there was a common theme... unclear water and flowing at the spillways. I feel clear/semi clear water is a must esp in the spring! The orange and white jig produced all gills today and the tipups the bass. After this weekend, We CANT wait till spring. CKH
    Name:  IMAG0045.JPG
Views: 227
Size:  70.8 KB
    gill and bass
    Name:  IMAG0046.JPG
Views: 254
Size:  76.9 KB
    another bass

Post Thanks / Like

the bass will make 2 good fillets though

Post Thanks / Like

I had to double check the time stamp on your post, CKH. I was going to say the ice around here has really deteriorated and has started drawing back from the banks. I see you were talking about a couple of weeks ago, before we started getting the warmer weather and the rain. In a couple of weeks I will start thinking about getting the boat out of storage and getting it set up for fishing season. As soon as the Ice comes off the lake I will start Walleye fishing and start scouting out the Crappie. It has been a long dry spell for me not fishing. I will take the boat out for the first time on a local lake about a mile from me to make sure everything is working OK. Then I will start fishing my private lake again. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p