Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fished Yesterday!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fished Yesterday!

Went to Bayou Benoit yesterday and only caught 3 sac-a-lait and 1 brim. The water is on the rise right now. The fishing probably will not get better till early next week at best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by basinfisher
    Went to Bayou Benoit yesterday and only caught 3 sac-a-lait and 1 brim. The water is on the rise right now. The fishing probably will not get better till early next week at best.
    Hey, basinfisher......thanks for the report, better luck next time!

Post Thanks / Like

Basinfisher,
    Sacalait Steve and I went to the Basin also. We went to Miller's Chute and Crewboat Chute. We picked up 9 total.
    I noticed the water was in layers. It seemed to be fresh on top. When the trolling motor was on the water a little deeper would come up to the top. It was a dark green and was only visible if you had on UV sun glasses.
    There was one older gentleman that came riding threw but didn't stop. On his way back out of Crew Boat Chute I asked him what he thought, as he seemed to be somone who fished sacalait alot. He said the water did not look right and kept going.
    We caught most of our fish tight lining tube jigs about 10-12 feet from the bank at the weed bed drop off. We used red and chartreuse. You had to work the jig real slow going all the way to the bottom and raising it about 6" or more at a time.
    We had 50 minnows and did not catch a fish on one.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon
    Basinfisher,
    Sacalait Steve and I went to the Basin also. We went to Miller's Chute and Crewboat Chute. We picked up 9 total.
    I noticed the water was in layers. It seemed to be fresh on top. When the trolling motor was on the water a little deeper would come up to the top. It was a dark green and was only visible if you had on UV sun glasses.
    There was one older gentleman that came riding threw but didn't stop. On his way back out of Crew Boat Chute I asked him what he thought, as he seemed to be somone who fished sacalait alot. He said the water did not look right and kept going.
    We caught most of our fish tight lining tube jigs about 10-12 feet from the bank at the weed bed drop off. We used red and chartreuse. You had to work the jig real slow going all the way to the bottom and raising it about 6" or more at a time.
    We had 50 minnows and did not catch a fish on one.
    We only caught nine but had a great time Thanks again.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Where did you fish at ? Around the landing or did you run somewhere else?
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

hate to intrude on the topic but i was just browsing in and saw where basinfisher used the term sac-a-lait. What type of fish is this referring to?
    Early to bed, early to rise, fish all day, make up lies.
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
    :cool:

Post Thanks / Like

PerchSlayer-"Sac a lait" Is what we call crappie in south louisiana. Everything is called something differant down here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sacalait steve
    Where did you fish at ? Around the landing or did you run somewhere else?
    sacalait steve,

I fished around the landing fo a while but the water was coming in and did not look to good. Then I went a little farther north to a deep hole about 600 to 700 yards from the landing and caught 2. Then I went a little farther north to the mouth of the canal anf fished around the point where all the stumps are and only picked up 1 more and decided to call it a day. The water is rising pretty quick there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PerchSlayer
    hate to intrude on the topic but i was just browsing in and saw where basinfisher used the term sac-a-lait. What type of fish is this referring to?
    You must be from above I-10
    Sacalait is a term for Crappie unique to the South Louisiana region
    I means "Sack of Milk" in the Cajun French language referring to the milky white meat of the crappie
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

sacalait sounds better to me cause if I caught a bunch of fish I would hate to say I had a crappie day.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast