Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Todays Catch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Todays Catch

Hey guys,

Here's today’s catch and an interesting find. As I suspected, some of the dark yellow coloring to the fish that I mentioned earlier this year is due to a parasite. I just wish I could get an explanation on which one. I have never seen this one before this year and not actually seen the parasite itself before today. I Finally was able to see one with a magnifying glass and it appears to be some sort of worm. What ever it is, it manifests itself along the internal cavity and eats away the meat of the fish. Doesn't seem to do much damage to the fish, and the one that I found it in today was one of the thicker fish that I caught all day. I am determned to find out what it is and the next one that I see, will try to get a close up of it and post it here.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    Hey guys,

Here's today’s catch and an interesting find. As I suspected, some of the dark yellow coloring to the fish that I mentioned earlier this year is due to a parasite. I just wish I could get an explanation on which one. I have never seen this one before this year and not actually seen the parasite itself before today. I Finally was able to see one with a magnifying glass and it appears to be some sort of worm. What ever it is, it manifests itself along the internal cavity and eats away the meat of the fish. Doesn't seem to do much damage to the fish, and the one that I found it in today was one of the thicker fish that I caught all day. I am determned to find out what it is and the next one that I see, will try to get a close up of it and post it here.....

Good stringer, Tommy.......you're one of the few that I know of that is consistently catching crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Man your on some beautiful fish Tommy.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sacalait steve
    Thanks Steve,

You should see what they look like on the cam. Man I have been seeing 100's of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Tommy, You de man! Those are some beautiful catches. I'm looking forward to getting on them, myself, soon. ---Pooch

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Steve,

You should see what they look like on the cam. Man I have been seeing 100's of them.
    Tommy,
    Good catch. It must be exciting to see the schooling fish on the cam. The water must be pretty clear. It is too stained down here to use a cam.
    What lake are you fishing?
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sacalait steve
    Sacalait Steve,
    What day are you off next week? If you are not going to the shop on that day you David and I can put the new boat in the water and give it a try.
    Let me know. If the water is still down we can run to the Boutte.
    Might see you at the game tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Using a cam in stained water

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon
    Tommy,
    Good catch. It must be exciting to see the schooling fish on the cam. The water must be pretty clear. It is too stained down here to use a cam.
    What lake are you fishing?
    Hi Deacon,

I took my cam to Black Lake the other day and figured that the water would be too stained to use it there. From what I saw you will have no trouble with it. I was looking at fish on tops no less than 7 foot deep. Now they were a little more leery than some of the big fish that I have been seeing on tops in deeper lakes, but never the less, I can still use it there. I have heard that the cam will pick up 6 times what the normal eye can see under water. I have no way of proving that, but from what I am seeing, I would say that sounds about right. Have you ever used a cam where you’re at?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Deacon,

I took my cam to Black Lake the other day and figured that the water would be too stained to use it there. From what I saw you will have no trouble with it. I was looking at fish on tops no less than 7 foot deep. Now they were a little more leery than some of the big fish that I have been seeing on tops in deeper lakes, but never the less, I can still use it there. I have heard that the cam will pick up 6 times what the normal eye can see under water. I have no way of proving that, but from what I am seeing, I would say that sounds about right. Have you ever used a cam where you’re at?
    I never have used a cam, YET! I went to the Cabela's web after I read your post. They have some for right around $200.00. I think I will put this on my Santa's list. Since I know Santa real good I think I have a chance of getting one.

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to mention this fact to Santa as well, since you know Santa so well! LOL Make sure that the cam has a water Temp sensor on it. In my humble opinion, next to seeing fish, that is the most important feature of the cam. It seems that when you find the right water temp, you will be able to make the fish that are there bit something. And this time of the year it is extremely hard to find the right water temp. I noticed some 82 degree water temps where the fish were hanging out yesterday. And guess what? I didn't catch a fish there. Moved on and eventually found some temps in the mid to high 70's and that’s the area where I caught fish. Just thought I would mention that to you. Without knowing what the subsurface water temps are, a lot of people would give up and head for home before finding the right areas to fish. After patterning a Lake once or twice this will help you spend less time where the fish aren't biting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast