HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 63 of 84 FirstFirst ... 13536061626364656673 ... LastLast

Thread: LAKE TEXOMA archives

Post Thanks / Like

Arrived on the water at noon. Patterns have changed drastically. Just got my first keeper.

Name:  IMG_1763.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  57.4 KB
    Likes Grandgpaw LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I played with the small fish until I had released 37 then I moved and tried a different pattern and wound up with 7 keepers. The 3 best are below.

Name:  IMG_1764.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  47.2 KB
    Likes Redge, Arctic, Bigskyfisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish wrangler I git sick of the small 9"ers too. normally I don't play with them long before moving unless I have someone that just likes to catch with me.

So haven't posted in a couple days been fishing with free time Monday evening the wife and I hit our bever den and came home with a mess of nice fish mostly males but nothing huge did have a monster bass 10lb range break off at boat while trying to net Also caught several others and 3 channels all on jigs or minnow tipped jigs
    Name:  IMG_0360.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  55.3 KBName:  IMG_0361.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  51.6 KB
    O and a look at my small boat problem works great just need more room for my crappie gear.
    Name:  IMG_0355.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  47.3 KB
    Still wish it would post pics the rite direction ��
    Likes Bigskyfisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Tuesday a buddy and I went fishing spent all day on the lake sunup to sundown plus a little. looking for the big girls. We lucked out and found a few. We had to clean 20 something before we ate lunch put them on ice so they would keep had gilled a couple and didn't want to waste so they are not in the pics. Some jigs, some minnows, some both, we worked them every way we could think to get a bite. All fish caught in 11" or less some in inches both male and female. Had to wait to take pic at home phone died. The poor fish looked much better at lake they loose color so fast they were all dressed up.

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  46.5 KBName:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  136.7 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I was very blessed when I bought my small boat. It's only 15' but will fish 2 people fairly comfortably. I use it a lot early in the year when using trolling motor and casting is the main pattern. Once it warms enough that vertical jigging is my main technique I switch over to my 24' pontoon boat. I bought both boats used and managed a good deal on both. My live wells are to small on both boats but I see you have found a solution for that. I'm still wanting to build a 18' aluminum boat but I don't weld aluminum so I am looking for an aluminum hull to start.

You seem to do well with your small boat. They are a lot less expensive also.
    Likes Arctic LIKED above post

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice post Artic! Enjoyed the photos.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!
    Likes Arctic LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ya I just use my shad tank that I keep my minnows alive in for a live well. Just net the minnows back into the floating bucket before i put fish in it. Then. Let the bucket float inside with the crappie. I do a lot of run and gun fishing and the small boat helps tremendously with positioning over brush ect

Post Thanks / Like

Wrangler you mentioned you use a pontoon I seen this the other day kinda a poor boy power pole it worked awesome for the guy. I'm going to build something like that but nicer for my grandpas boat try to make it easier for
    Him to position himself.
    Name:  IMG_0100.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  51.7 KB

Post Thanks / Like

I would be interested in seeing it.

Post Thanks / Like

You can see this guys set up in the above pic if you look closely I'm going to do something similar. Will post pics if I get it done