Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_1544.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  52.6 KB

Post Thanks / Like

First calm day I am taking her out.

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Wrangler, you sure did a nice job on the boat!
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I had carpeted boats before but this is the first time I have had to disassemble one to carpet it. It was very educational. I am hoping it sets a little higher in the water after replacing the water logged foam. While I had it apart I installed a 2 bank Minn Kota battery charger and replaced one of the batteries. It was a one battery boat when I bought it 6 years ago. I use the trolling motor so much that I was nervous about being stranded and trying to rope start the 25 hp motor. I can't wait till my new seats show up to complete the job. I also ordered some led bulbs that are supposed to fit in the nav lights. This mornings outing is basically to look for brush piles in a protected cove I know of. I have two Lowrance HDS5's on the boat that while being out dated do show a pretty good picture of what is under the boat. If I catch fish today that will be a bonus. Thanks again for the compliment.
    Likes deerhunterodie, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I am curious, does Team Geezer refer to the famous 6 Old Geezers that fished Texoma daily for 30 some years?

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I still don't know how to find winter crappie in Texoma but going to keep trying. Just a quick observation, replacing the wet foam made the boat sit 2" higher in the water, come off the trailer easier, and plane out quicker.
    Likes deerhunterodie, Redge, Frank300, rdjj71m LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_1551.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  34.4 KB
    Likes deerhunterodie, KCMasterpiece LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Only 8 total and missed about that many. Being as I have never caught a crappie in the winter in Texoma I consider that a successful trip.

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't fish today. Texoma shows her ugly side when the wind is much over 15 mph and to rough for me to detect a crappie bite over 10 mph. Instead of fishing I installed the new seats on my crappie boat. I also changed the 12 volt light bulb on my bicolor surface mount bow light with a led bulb to reduce current draw on my battery. My navigation lights share a battery with my fish finder and most fish finders use more power than most realize. I also managed to pour 200 1/4 ounce spoons and prepared them to apply the first coat of paint. All totaled a fairly productive day. I spent way to much time on my feet today and am beginning to pay the price. Tomorrow is supposed to be calm enough that I am going fishing if I am mobile. If anyone needs the info on that led light bulb that fits in the bow light I am providing the info below.

Name:  IMG_1557.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  34.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1556.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  56.9 KB
    Likes Redge, crapAlicous, deerhunterodie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Today's fishing was a wasted trip. One crappie and one bass. I may have mentioned I don't do well winter crappie fishing in Texoma. It was way to windy. I should have never left the ramp.

I do have my spoons ready to paint so I thought I would post a few pics along the way of making them. A bottom pouring lead pot is well worth the money. I have one that allows me to adjust the temperature up to 900 degrees which is well above safe working temperatures. The mold claims the spoons to be 1/4 oz but I think they are heavier than that. A sample of the unpainted spoons below.

Name:  IMG_1553.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  17.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1558.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  32.5 KB
    Likes deerhunterodie LIKED above post

Page 45 of 84 FirstFirst ... 354243444546474855 ... LastLast