Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville

Little posted about Smithville lately... My computer was down for two months and my boat for nearly a month before that. Now it waits... charger lights glowing green... for morning. Will feel good just to hear the water lapping on the shore. A thump and a little splashing at the end of my line would be good too!

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Made it over to Smithville this morning caught alot of small crappie. Didn't catch a keeper fished 6:30 tell 11:30 am. Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Caught a lot of shorts wed. right up by the bank,2-3 foot of water or less.About 1 keeper per 10 shorts.All on jigs,slow steady retrieve

Post Thanks / Like

Got a late start Wed... Caught 1 keeper 10' down on the treelines and another by casting near schooling minnows in only 5' of water. Couple of short ones too. Good to be back, though. Now, to try the new Q-beam at night...

Post Thanks / Like

Caught a few white bass waaay up north by the river,every fall the have a "false spawn",but this seems early.

Post Thanks / Like

Went out yesterday morning... Caught a half dozen short ones... started on treelines in 15-20' of water (Like the guy at Burtons's suggested) but followed some shad schools into 5-6' and caught a couple more near the edges. Laid my 10' pole down to bait the hook, flipped a well hooked minnow into the lake... before I could pick up the rod, Something snatched the minnow before it could sink 2 feet. Da-Dum---Da--Dum (Jaw's music)...

Bent a prop so it's off to Midwest Propeller today.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cook
    Caught a lot of shorts wed. right up by the bank,2-3 foot of water or less.About 1 keeper per 10 shorts.All on jigs,slow steady retrieve
    Hi Cook and greeting from Va. When you fish the bank like that, do you use you jig on a small spinner (beetle spin) or just a plain jig?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

99% of the time I fish with a double jig under a float,blk/chr or blu/wht.But thats just me.

Shortstorie-I gotta extra hammer iffin you want to bang it out

Post Thanks / Like

Cook... I can't be trusted with a hammer when I've been skunked. Might decide to "fix" the outboard!