Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: pro angler rods

Post Thanks / Like

Question pro angler rods

I,m kind of new to using long jig poles for crappie. I was wondering if any of yall have used the pro angler rods. they look good on their web site.just looking for some actual experiences with them.
    thanks SBR

Post Thanks / Like

I bought 5 8'ers for $93. They were closeout last years models. I like them for most applications. They're a little beefier than most of my crappie rods. I use them for fishing minnows in brush, long range casting jigs under a cork and some saltwater fishing. I think they are a litttle too strong for trolling and casting jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

Have seven 9 footers.
    Love the rods, just wish they made them in 12'.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the 8' model for brush and fishing standing timber. It's top notch quality and I have no complaints. Pro Angler is very popular in Texas.

Post Thanks / Like

Go with B& M's
    2008 Buggs Bash Champ! SML Dock Shooting King!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pro Angler Rods

been using them a couple years now, have several each 8, 9 & 10 footers. they are a little "beefier" than many crappie rods but are not heavy. go to Ed's website and take a look. In my book they are a very good rod, I'm very satisfied with them. Ed's a fine fella and he'll make sure you're satisfied. some folks fish "easy" and never break a B&M, I'm 62, retired and fish alot and not a maniac but me and B&M never got along, I like pro angler for long lining with heavy lead too. I've never broke a wally marshall 'mighty lite' or one of Ed's 'pro angler rods'. yeah I know, anything can be broke! I better knock on wood runnin' my mouth like that!

Crappie Rods, Crappie Jigs, Catfish Rods, Baitcast Reel, Fishing Rods, Fishing Reels, Spinning Reels

Post Thanks / Like

I use them!!

Post Thanks / Like

You should check out BnM's 12' crappie wizard rod. I used mine jigging the skinny water in the buck brush for the first time last Wed. and love it. I even landed a 4lb. buffalo with no Problem. Good luck on your choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Home Page is my line of poles