Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My experience with Grizzly Jig

Post Thanks / Like

Default My experience with Grizzly Jig

would not recommend Grizzly Jig, to anyone.
    I purchased one of there 3 pole deals (B & M Bucks Jigpoles)
    along with some other stuff.
    I specifically asked if they would check each rod for defects before shipping, The lady said they would.
    When the Rods arrived one of them was missing the ceramic insert from
    the guide and it wasn't in the plastic bag, So in all fairness I gave them the
    benefit of the doubt anyway and sent it back for a replacement, Again I asked them to look the tip over for defects before they sent it, they said they would.
    Well, the replacement tip arrived and had a large dried lacquer drip on the first guide. I called and informed one of the owners of the company that I was not pleased with the tip or the service. He offered a refund but only for the 3 rods (since it was a package deal) and said he would not pay to send out another tip.
    Since nobody sold these rods locally I told him I would take my dremal and remove the (Drip). Below you can see a photo of the tip now and one that has a "red" colored area to give you an idea of what the drip looked like.
    Ironically this same rod snapped in half while I was lifting a small clob of moss out of the water. I want people to know that I do not want a refund for this rod or a replacement for this tip, I would rather take it with me while I am fishing to show other fisherman.
    I have been told that most of these rods that brake, snap, whatever you want to call it are caused by owner neglect, Now surely this must be the case, I mean there is no way the quality craftsmen in China that make these rods would ever send out a defective rod,:rolleyes: or that it could be damaged under the Quality controlled shipping environment they are in while in transit!:rolleyes: Really do you think the two jig poles that the two little brats at Walmart used for play swords before someone found there parents couldn't have a small nick that would cause it to snap!:rolleyes:

Photo 1

http://inlinethumb02.webshots.com/44...600x600Q85.jpg

Photo 2

http://inlinethumb46.webshots.com/44...600x600Q85.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Daniel; 01-24-2009 at 01:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

i had a bnm jig pole snap right in the middle of the top piece and i got to looking at it and seen there was a bad spot in the rod and by the time you ship it to them to get it fixed you can buy a new one...never did buy a new BnM and prob. wont ever buy another one...i like my ozark and todd huckabee xlite to much to buy another junk rod from bnm
    Bluff City Tackle Pro Staff
    Touranment Ice & Minnow Ice
    Culprit Pro Staff
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles Pro Staff

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Daniel ....

I thought these problems had already been addressed, by Jack Wells/BnM, per your previous post:

I'm sorry to hear about the ceramic eye situation.
    It is not my intent nor my desire to air any dirty laundry here on the board, but I certainly believe in honesty and I feel the need to explain the situation.
    Long story short, our glue supplier (without our knowledge) tweaked the formula for the glue being used to hold the guides in. As a result, the adhesiveness was affected. We caught the problem quickly; but with the volume of rods we sell, sometimes quickly is just not quick enough. Since that time, we have inspected thousands of rods. We feel we have resolved the problem internally. Now it's time to resolve the problem externally with our customers.
    Please email ([email protected]) the part number for the rod, and we'll replace the section. That goes for anyone here on the board, and is not limited to Daniel and Waterboy.
    We work hard and and aspire to be perfect, but perfection is an ever-moving target. But taking care of our customers will always be priority #1, and that is well within our control. Take advantage of it!
    Good Fishing!
    Jack Wells
    B'n'M Pole Co.
    And, by the way ... just FYI ... the links, to the pictures you posted, aren't working.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Other Side of the Coin

Sorry to hear about your rods and your bad experience with the folks at Grizzly Jig. That's not the kind of experience anyone wants.

But I have to tell you that, over the years, I have purchased several items from Grizzly Jig including rods, rod holders, seats, double seat platforms, fishing tackle, and other items. Everything I have purchased has been just fine. More importantly, my experience with all the people at Grizzly Jig has been quite different than yours. The folks there have always gone out of their way to be helpful, and I have been quite happy with both the products and the service I have received. Sorry about your bad experience, but Louie and Wade Mansfield and the others at Grizzly Jig IMHO are some of the nicest people you could ever want to meet and really work at providing quality service to crappie-fishermen.

Based on my experience, I would recommend them highly.

CR
    You don't know if you don't go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    I thought these problems had already been addressed, by Jack Wells/BnM, per your previous post:

And, by the way ... just FYI ... the links, to the pictures you posted, aren't working.

... cp
    CP Thanks for lmk about the photos' I believe they can be viewed now.

This post is directed at Grizzly Jig, The sarcasm about the poles braking
    could be applied to any pole made in china.

Daniel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieranger View Post
    Sorry to hear about your rods and your bad experience with the folks at Grizzly Jig. That's not the kind of experience anyone wants.

But I have to tell you that, over the years, I have purchased several items from Grizzly Jig including rods, rod holders, seats, double seat platforms, fishing tackle, and other items. Everything I have purchased has been just fine. More importantly, my experience with all the people at Grizzly Jig has been quite different than yours. The folks there have always gone out of their way to be helpful, and I have been quite happy with both the products and the service I have received. Sorry about your bad experience, but Louie and Wade Mansfield and the others at Grizzly Jig IMHO are some of the nicest people you could ever want to meet and really work at providing quality service to crappie-fishermen.

Based on my experience, I would recommend them highly.

CR
    CrappieRanger,

What you have said is exactly the kind of info. I had on Grizzly Jig,
    and that was why I dealt with them. Why the transaction played out like it
    did.. I haven't a clue! But it is what it is

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink I understand that ...

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    This post is directed at Grizzly Jig, The sarcasm about the poles braking
    could be applied to any pole made in china.
    Daniel
    But, Grizzly Jigs doesn't make the rods ... they sell them for BnM. BnM has already admitted their quality control problem, and proposed a very generous fix. It would appear that Grizzly Jigs had some of those rods in stock, and you received some. Maybe you didn't go high enough on the totem pole, to air your grievance over the rod ?

I've seen some high end brand rods, that also had the extra large glue bulge on the tip eye. Never gave it a seconds thought, much less considered filing it down. And don't think for a moment that those rods, American or Chinese mfg'd, that are in the tackle stores OR Wally World, aren't mishandled by adults AND children ... and the damages may go unnoticed, until the end user puts some strain on them.
    I have many rods, made in China, not all of which are BnM brands ... and they ride in the back of a pickup, to/from the lakes I fish, and are subjected to bone jarring rides in my fishing partners Tracker ... strapped down on the front deck, and vibrating/bouncing against the alum sides of his boat (when running choppy water). And I set the hook with speed and power, and lift land alot of the fish I catch .... no broken rods, so far. And, NO ... I'm not "that lucky" :p (to have received/purchased "perfect" rods).

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    But, Grizzly Jigs doesn't make the rods ... they sell them for BnM. BnM has already admitted their quality control problem, and proposed a very generous fix. It would appear that Grizzly Jigs had some of those rods in stock, and you received some. Maybe you didn't go high enough on the totem pole, to air your grievance over the rod ?

I've seen some high end brand rods, that also had the extra large glue bulge on the tip eye. Never gave it a seconds thought, much less considered filing it down. And don't think for a moment that those rods, American or Chinese mfg'd, that are in the tackle stores OR Wally World, aren't mishandled by adults AND children ... and the damages may go unnoticed, until the end user puts some strain on them.
    I have many rods, made in China, not all of which are BnM brands ... and they ride in the back of a pickup, to/from the lakes I fish, and are subjected to bone jarring rides in my fishing partners Tracker ... strapped down on the front deck, and vibrating/bouncing against the alum sides of his boat (when running choppy water). And I set the hook with speed and power, and lift land alot of the fish I catch .... no broken rods, so far. And, NO ... I'm not "that lucky" :p (to have received/purchased "perfect" rods).

... cp
    CP

Maybe I am still not making myself clear.
    Mr. Wells addressed the problem with the inferior glue used to hold
    the ceramic in the guides and offered to replace any rods or sections
    that had issues. I applaud him for this. As for the two rods I have that had this problem. One had the first guide replaced and is fine. As for the second one I figured I would go ahead and glue the ceramic back in the guide.

Now as for the rod tip in the photo, My issue is with the dried Lacquer drop, This was very visible, to the degree that it could interfere with your line while you are so carefully letting a little line out while lowering and twitching your jig.

Although this is a B&M rod, Mr. Wells did not sale it to me!
    Grizzly Jig did! Even after I specifically asked that they make sure that the replacement for the first defective tip I returned to them did not have any defects. This is the replacement tip I received. I would not have sent this tip to a customer and I don't believe you would have either. Piece:D

Daniel

Post Thanks / Like

Wow.

Wouldn't it be nice to live in a world where the people you do business with never make an honest mistake and businesses have 100% customer satisfaction rate. No matter how hard one strives to be the best and take care of its cutomers achieving that goal is not possible. One thing I can say for sure is that you will not find another company big or small that strives to exceed its customers expectations more than Grizzly Jig Co. in Caruthersville MO. Not only are these folks professionals when it comes to crappie fishing and doing business, but they are absolute best people whether you meet them at thier store, on the street, or in the boat at the lake. Grizzly Jig is not a large operation but family and friend oriented place where nothing means more to them than thier customer base and thier community. They are a solid force in the community in that little town where they help the economy and benefit both the consumer and other area businesses having get togethers just like they are having right now. They are also a solid force in the community of crappie fishing. All three of those men are some of the best crappie fishermen you will find. When you walk into Grizzly jig your greeted with a smile every time. They are happy to help you, show you around, reccomend products, or just talk fishing. There is never any pressure to buy anything. There is no sales pitch on the latest thing going to try and get you to buy a bunch of crap you dont need. There is only honesty and intregety in every thing they do. They fish one of the best crappie lakes in the country. And you can go in there and ask any question at any time and they will help you any way they can. They will tell you when, where, and how to catch fish. They will show you the lures and tackle that they use, and not just try to push off something on you that they have overstocked just so they can help their bottom line. You simply just cannot find another place that goes to the lengths these folks will to help you get better and to have the right equipment. Thats the bottom line. I know for a fact thats how they do business and thats how they have always done business. I spend alot of money each and every year over there. And I can go months without going in there and I can guarantee I wll be greeted the same way every time. When i walk in the store and begin to browse around, Lance will walk up to me, shake my hand, and the first thing he asks is "How are you doing?" Not "what can i sell you?" I can walk in there and talk with those guys for an hour or two and never buy anything and they will still thank me for stopping by. Nevermind the fact that I was asking questions of them about prducts or fishing tips or whatever. They will still thank me for coming by even though I bought nothing, didn't spend a dime, and i got more out of it than anyone. They still thank ME. I am sorry you had a bad experience with Grizzly Jig and B&M. I stand behind both. Especailly Grizzly Jig.

A post like this says alot about ones character. One product malfunction and one human error leads to a slandering of one of the most honest and hardworking companies on the planet. I dont know you personally but I cant tell alot by reading your post. I have met hard a***s that are nearly impossible to please. I work for myself and people like that are everywhere. Thats the type of person that keeps a great company like Grizzly Jig from having the imposssible 100% customer satisfaction mark. But that doesnt stop them from trying to reach that goal. I hope you are not that person. Impossible to please. And I hope that next time you will get all the facts together and not judge such great people on one experience. It sounds to me like they tried to do the right thing and acted in good faith by replacing the first rod tip. Then they stepped up and offered a full refund when you were unahppy still. I would ask what more you wanted but I guess the obvious is that you wanted them to maybe better inspect the tips. Everyone makes an honest mistake every now and again. I hope that your jumping to conclusions about Grizzly Jig was just one of those on your part. An honest mistake. I hope you forgive me as well. I just had to jump in here knowing Grizzly Jig like I do. I assumed by making the post in the first place that you were looking for some honest input and not just trying to bash a respected organization, that would be me giving you the benefit of the doubt.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-24-2009 at 04:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WestTennCrappie View Post
    Wow.

Wouldn't it be nice to live in a world where the people you do business with never make an honest mistake and businesses have 100% customer satisfaction rate. No matter how hard one strives to be the best and take care of its cutomers achieving that goal is not possible. One thing I can say for sure is that you will not find another company big or small that strives to exceed its customers expectations more than Grizzly Jig Co. in Caruthersville MO. Not only are these folks professionals when it comes to crappie fishing and doing business, but they are absolute best people whether you meet them at thier store, on the street, or in the boat at the lake. Grizzly Jig is not a large operation but family and friend oriented place where nothing means more to them than thier customer base and thier community. They are a solid force in the community in that little town where they help the economy and benefit both the consumer and other area businesses having get togethers just like they are having right now. They are also a solid force in the community of crappie fishing. All three of those men are some of the best crappie fishermen you will find. When you walk into Grizzly jig your greeted with a smile every time. They are happy to help you, show you around, reccomend products, or just talk fishing. There is never any pressure to buy anything. There is no sales pitch on the latest thing going to try and get you to buy a bunch of crap you dont need. There is only honesty and intregety in every thing they do. They fish one of the best crappie lakes in the country. And you can go in there and ask any question at any time and they will help you any way they can. They will tell you when, where, and how to catch fish. They will show you the lures and tackle that they use, and not just try to push off something on you that they have overstocked just so they can help their bottom line. You simply just cannot find another place that goes to the lengths these folks will to help you get better and to have the right equipment. Thats the bottom line. I know for a fact thats how they do business and thats how they have always done business. I spend alot of money each and every year over there. And I can go months without going in there and I can guarantee I wll be greeted the same way every time. When i walk in the store and begin to browse around, Lance will walk up to me, shake my hand, and the first thing he asks is "How are you doing?" Not "what can i sell you?" I can walk in there and talk with those guys for an hour or two and never buy anything and they will still thank me for stopping by. Nevermind the fact that I was asking questions of them about prducts or fishing tips or whatever. They will still thank me for coming by even though I bought nothing, didn't spend a dime, and i got more out of it than anyone. They still thank ME. I am sorry you had a bad experience with Grizzly Jig and B&M. I stand behind both. Especailly Grizzly Jig.

A post like this says alot about ones character. One product malfunction and one human error leads to a slandering of one of the most honest and hardworking companies on the planet. I dont know you personally but I cant tell alot by reading your post. I have met hard asses that are nearly impossible to please. I work for myself and people like that are everywhere. Thats the type of person that keeps a great company like Grizzly Jig from having the imposssible 100% customer satisfaction mark. But that doesnt stop them from trying to reach that goal. I hope you are not that person. Impossible to please. And I hope that next time you will get all the facts together and not judge such great people on one experience. It sounds to me like they tried to do the right thing and acted in good faith by replacing the first rod tip. Then they stepped up and offered a full refund when you were unahppy still. I would ask what more you wanted but I guess the obvious is that you wanted them to maybe better inspect the tips. Everyone makes an honest mistake every now and again. I hope that your jumping to conclusions about Grizzly Jig was just one of those on your part. An honest mistake. I hope you forgive me as well. I just had to jump in here knowing Grizzly Jig like I do. I assumed by making the post in the first place that you were looking for some honest input and not just trying to bash a respected organization, that would be me giving you the benefit of the doubt.
    WTC,

I did not jump to any conclusions
    I brought my business to Grizzly Jig based on the good reputation they had!
    When I placed my original order I SPECIFICALLY asked the lady if they would INSPECT the rods I was paying over a hundred dollars for for any DEFECTS!
    Now when the rods arrived, One was missing a ceramic insert from the guide. At this time I did what most customers would do, I called them and POLITELY explained the situation realizing that this could have happened without any fault on there behalf (NO HARM NO FOUL) In our phone conversation they apologized and agreed to send me a replacement tip, AGAIN, I asked that they look the tip over to make sure there were no DEFECTS! I was told they would.
    Would you not agree that this replacement tip was visibly defective?
    Would you have sent this tip to me after you said you would make sure the replacement tip had NO DEFECTS?
    AS for the refund, I did not want a refund, ALL I wanted were the 3 NON
    DEFECTIVE jig poles I purchased!
    Don't try and put a guilt trip on me, The staff at Grizzly Jig might be great folks as you say, But it doesn't justify the way they handled my transaction with them!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast