Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Rod Holders

Well it is pretty windy here today. So I installed my new Tite-Lok rod holders. :D So far I think I'm going to like them. Can't wait to try them out.

Name:  P1000460_A.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  70.7 KB

Name:  P1000461_A.jpg
Views: 622
Size:  69.0 KB

Name:  P1000463_A.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  66.3 KB

Name:  P1000464_A.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  55.7 KB

So what do ya'll think???
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet you do like it, that looks like a nice set up.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

I have a pair of them, and sure like them a lot. Check on here, theres some upgrades you can do that makes them better.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Looks nice.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking setup! My dad just put the wally marshall rod holders on our boat and we are pleased with them so far. Prolly going to get a couple more sets for its all said and done. How much those 4 rod titelock systems run?
    Hooking up every chance I get!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Buster View Post
    Good looking setup! My dad just put the wally marshall rod holders on our boat and we are pleased with them so far. Prolly going to get a couple more sets for its all said and done. How much those 4 rod titelock systems run?
    Thanks
    I have a set of the Wally Marshall rod holders, that's what I started out with. After a couple years they have gotten where they don't hold the up and position to good on the 12ft and longer poles.
    I found these at BPS for $123 tax and shipping. I'm sure you can find them cheaper somewhere else. I had a gift card for BPS from X-mas so I got them there.
    Put the Wally Marshall's on the back of the boat may troll some shorter poles off the back of the boat.
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Plastic is plastic

Any item made of plastic subjected to strain and sunlight as well as heat will disfigure after awhile. Wally Marshall rod holders are plastic so they will do that. Metal is the only way to go for rod holders. Tite-lok makes a good rod holder set up and they are very proud of them based on their price. Please take a look at other set ups such as Driftmaster before buying. They are much cheaper and I think better than the others. Please check us out and if you have questions just ask.

Maynard Edwards
    Extreme Fishing Concepts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yadkin Guide View Post
    Any item made of plastic subjected to strain and sunlight as well as heat will disfigure after awhile. Wally Marshall rod holders are plastic so they will do that. Metal is the only way to go for rod holders. Tite-lok makes a good rod holder set up and they are very proud of them based on their price. Please take a look at other set ups such as Driftmaster before buying. They are much cheaper and I think better than the others. Please check us out and if you have questions just ask.

Maynard Edwards
    Extreme Fishing Concepts
    I have to agree about the plastic. But as far as Driftmaster being better than Tite-Lok I strongly disagree. Had both in my hands before I bought the Tite-Lok. And by far the new Tite-Loks are the better make and stronger rod holders, IMO. Just my 2 cents.
    Alan
    ------------------
    Tight Lines to all
    Roll Tide Roll

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Black Box on deck?

Fisherman Wantabe,

What is that Black Box on your front deck?

Monk Welcome to MonksCrappie.com

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Agree to Disagree

I have used both and would strongly disagree with you but, hey, to each his own. Both are adjustable left and right and up and down and both work well. I just prefer the greater adaptability of the Driftmaster system such as the rod resters and the ability to change styles of rod holders. As a fishing guide, the Driftmaster is my choice for my purposes. By the way, what is that black box?

Maynard Edwards
    Extreme Fishing Concepts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast