Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on High Vis

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question on High Vis

I want to no how many of you use high vis in clear water, do you think it affects the bite?
    can't catch'em at home

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I use florescent green spider rigging and I can't tell that it makes any difference in the number of bites.....but it sure makes a difference in the number of bites that I actually see...IMO
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

None whatsover
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Post Thanks / Like

It may not make a difference when fishing for crappie but I've seen it make a huge difference when fishing for bluegills and shellcracker. We were fishing Guntersville last year and my buddy couldn't buy a bite using hi-vis line but I was having no trouble catching them with clear line.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Hi-Vis on most of my minner poles and shooting rigs i want to stay in contact with my line however The industry as a whole just about every bait artificial along with lines and even hair jigs supports good indication that millions of dollars have been spent by all manu based on some scientific info. I dont beleive that they would support something this conglomarant and not have some relativity. Alot of money has been poured into this color and to high a risk for there not tobe able to substantiate.

Your Good on color of line but i do agree i was on some good gills durring ice season and it seems as the fish shy awayed from the line under the ice i had aqua view and this is how i know. The water clarity was rather unusually clear for that day

CrappieDale
    Team BNB Crappie jigs
    Premium Hand-Tied Crappie jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't do a thing to the fish on KY Lake and it sure is nice being able to see your line.

Post Thanks / Like

Not long ago I was fishing in my boat and a guy I know was in his boat. We were anchored by each other, fishing the same area and the water had a heavy stain to it. My reels were spooled with hi-vis line and his were spooled with clear line. He was catching crappie like crazy and I couldn't even get a bite. We were fishing the exact same way, except for the color line. As soon as I got home I stripped all that hi-vis off my reels. I really think the hi-vis spooked the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

no difference

Post Thanks / Like

Same here- no difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I use high vis the lake I fish is stained and there is a lake I am wanting to try and it is deep and clear. I didn't no if I needed to change my line or not.
    can't catch'em at home

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast