Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'v got the Blues

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'v got the Blues

I'm hooked on these 3" Rocky Top supper slabs. Since I have been using them I have been catching bigger Crappie and less dinks. I have caught a few on different collors but they like the blue and silver the best. Here on our lake we don't have the big crappie(lake record little over 2* ) like you guys. I have caught several 1 1/2 pounders. Thursday I caught 8 nice size crappie the biggest were 1 1/2* on the Rocky top. Here is one of the bigger ones.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of them but I think I should start lookin if you catch fish that size--nice crappie
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

That some nice crappie I would be happy with those any day. May have to try that color.
    can't catch'em at home

Post Thanks / Like

Man nothing wrong with that!!!!!!!

Fatman

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice crappie, I have some of those but have not tried them. Looks like I need to put them on a hook!!
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a good one.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I went looking for new spots today and caught my biggest todate. A 1.10 oz white Crappie. Getting closer to my 2 pound goal. Also caught a 6 pound Goo on the Rocky top.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on catching those nice slab crappies!!! Don't know what a Goo is but it looks like it would put up a fight as well!!!

IF YOU'RE FISHIN ON CREDIT, YOU'D BETTER SWITCH TO DEBIT!!!

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Ah yes ... the "Gasper Goo"

Quote Originally Posted by IceWarriorGill View Post
    Congrats on catching those nice slab crappies!!! Don't know what a Goo is but it looks like it would put up a fight as well!!!
    The name "Gasper Goo" is an English mispronunciation of the French name "Casse burgau" (mussel breaker). Freshwater mussels are a favored prey item of this fish.

The fish is a Freshwater Drum. And, yes ... they do put up a bit of pullage :p
    If they're in the waters you fish ... you're quite likely to catch them on most any bait you use ... live or artificial. They're edible, but not exceptional tablefare.

.. cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    The name "Gasper Goo" is an English mispronunciation of the French name "Casse burgau" (mussel breaker). Freshwater mussels are a favored prey item of this fish.

The fish is a Freshwater Drum. And, yes ... they do put up a bit of pullage :p
    If they're in the waters you fish ... you're quite likely to catch them on most any bait you use ... live or artificial. They're edible, but not exceptional tablefare.

.. cp

Made me smile Pappy. Off the 610 loop in Houston, near the Astrodome you could look down from the elevated freeway you were on and see a sign outside a little mom & dad grocery- "Goo fish & Neck (pork) Bones".
    I'm sure it was probably the only grocer in Houston, if not the whole darn world, that offered that particular pair of items for sale. :D
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast