Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ice is covering Alabama and Georgia.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice is covering Alabama and Georgia.

Just our luck. An Ice storm instead of snow. That is the south for you. The way the trees look power may be out soon. My poor ole boat is covered in sheets of ice. Hope all of you are safe and sound.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

They are call for 5 to 8 inches of snow here Saturday at the house - where I work 1 to 3 inches of snow with a quarter inch of ice on top of that - it is about 35 miles from home to work but I live a little more of the foothills area of Carolina on the Virginia border - so looks like fishing is out for me for another week - just 68 days left before I head to the Florida Keys and fish for a week - or just sit on my butt - or just ride out in the gulf or the ocean float around in the boat - I can do this for a week
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad news that ice!

Ice storms are the worst, they raise h e double hockeys sticks with the electric grids! If it's any comfort to you, the past couple mornings it's been minus 8 degrees when I left for work. Today it's a plus 4, woopie! Come on spring!

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

it is 32 and 4 inc icyckles hanging off my house
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Well looks like a 20 hour shift instead of a 15 hour for today - I am back after leaving at 0830 this morning - got to make sure everyone else makes it in- these inmates expect us here - had 4 inches of snow and now sleet is falling we are suppose to have it through the night - Maybe I will get to go home at 0830 in the morning if anyone shows up to releave me
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

glitter jig Guest

Default ice

I'm in No. Ga. so far so good alittle ice this morning, npthing to worry about

hawkman is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crap-king
    Well looks like a 20 hour shift instead of a 15 hour for today - I am back after leaving at 0830 this morning - got to make sure everyone else makes it in- these inmates expect us here - had 4 inches of snow and now sleet is falling we are suppose to have it through the night - Maybe I will get to go home at 0830 in the morning if anyone shows up to releave me
    Don't want to disappoint those inmates, might "violate their rights" Sounds like a long night for you. Hope you get a break soon & get back to fishing.
    Crappie fishing is my lighthouse of sanity in an insane world,
    It keeps me from crashing on the rocky shores of everyday life.
    Crappie.com is my beacon of light!