Likes Likes:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Transducer Sled Preview for your entertainment and comments

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Transducer Sled Preview for your entertainment and comments

This all came about cause I like pushing without a lot of line out and hate reeling in 100 feet of line. Now, Ima gonna pull using inline weights. I have an in line depth chart, but It ain't accurate. Ima gonna make my own inline pulling chart. Ima gonna take the guess out of the formula with this transducer sled. I will tow this transducer sled behind my boat at various speeds and line out conditions to test the depth of the baits. Remember, the tow is steerable by r/c wireless. I have run thru all the formulas, so this ""thing" should work. Of course, at my age, I do have brain cell leakage (some call this leakage brain farts). This will be my not my fault answer if the sled don't pan out well.

My target line out lengths will vary from 15 to 35 feet. Different in line weights and baits at this distance with should be ideal for where I fish (and many others). I will be taking some snapshots and doing some recording using the Lowrance Gen2 Sonar. I expect to see some interesting stuff.

I will try not to flood the site here with too many photos. This process will take time.

Note that this sled and yardarm was built from scraps I had laying around. The welding was done by high schoolers. It is apparent to me that they did not attend the "how to use a square and a level" class. Kids gotta learn and they like my story telling. I have some gooood stories.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...8wTTcxOVlOMlFn
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"
    Thanks Cray thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just love DIY projects myself. But I can't do nothing close to what I have seen you do. Keep the projects going post reports,videos and pictures whenever you can. This is one of the good things about this site people learning new things from others. Hope that lower back nerve block works for you. Get well soon.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrat View Post
    I just love DIY projects myself. But I can't do nothing close to what I have seen you do. Keep the projects going post reports,videos and pictures whenever you can. This is one of the good things about this site people learning new things from others. Hope that lower back nerve block works for you. Get well soon.
    Scrat, I have done far more complex stuff for a living. I just like tinkering. This is really simple for me. I am getting rusty. I still keep erasers handy though.

They postponed the shot til Monday due to inflammation. I bet I get a bill for the office visit though. ha

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to the results Tom. Good looking rig anyway, and pretty neat too.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Man Tom you come up with the coolest stuff and it's amazing to see some of your projects! Your something else! I am not sure what your going to do with this thing, but it sure is nice and your thinking outside the box is evident!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    Man Tom you come up with the coolest stuff and it's amazing to see some of your projects! Your something else! I am not sure what your going to do with this thing, but it sure is nice and your thinking outside the box is evident!

Skip
    When I get on the water and take few pictures, the sled operation will be crystal clear.

Basically, I will let some lure type out the back of the boat. Next I will let the sled out and drive the sled along side the line to identify the depth of the lure. For example: Let out 20 foot line, then let sled out to the line and jockey the sled to find the depth the lure is traveling. The most shallow reading will be the actual depth of the lure. I can come within inches of the line. I can see where the line enters the water, so that location is where I start the search.

I already have a depth chart I copied from an internet search. After talking to Slab, I am reluctant to post any copied charts on c.com. Seems the world is full of greedy Bees.

Added Note.............

The chart I will use is just a reference and a starting point. The chart is not accurate. I tried the said chart and boo hoo my crankbaits.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 06-23-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    When I get on the water and take few pictures, the sled operation will be crystal clear.

Basically, I will let some lure type out the back of the boat. Next I will let the sled out and drive the sled along side the line to identify the depth of the lure. For example: Let out 20 foot line, then let sled out to the line and jockey the sled to find the depth the lure is traveling. The most shallow reading will be the actual depth of the lure. I can come within inches of the line. I can see where the line enters the water, so that location is where I start the search.

I already have a depth chart I copied from an internet search. After talking to Slab, I am reluctant to post any copied charts on c.com. Seems the world is full of greedy Bees.

Added Note.............

The chart I will use is just a reference and a starting point. The chart is not accurate. I tried the said chart and boo hoo my crankbaits.
    Oh okay I see now. the light came on, lol! I saw the transducer on it, but just was not thinking lure depth. That will give you really good info for sure.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!