Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Guntersville Brim?

Quailtail is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Guntersville Brim?

Looks like the full moon in May is coming on the 22nd. Will this be too late for them at Guntersville?

Post Thanks / Like

Probably not but I could smell them when I crossed Brown's Creek and Spring Creek Wednesday. Gonna go sometime tomorrow and again Sunday and try to find 'em.
    Likes Bamadadx3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

The full moon now will put them over the edge on the big G as a lot of the crackers already started and the male gills are in color too . There will be beds the next full moon but they will be the second spawn and not as many on them and smaller fish usually unless you can find a bed that wasn't hit the first time around. Going to give the crappie a break tomorrow and try and finds some out self maybe we will see you wiley G since we are gonna start out at Browns creek as soon as the wanna be bass masters get launched and out of the way Nice to hear another person can smell em!!

Post Thanks / Like

I went last week on 4/20/16 and fished for crappie early, then started looking for the bream. I finally found what I would say is a staging area and caught about 20 or so all on a hand tied jig and float. Mixed bag of blue gill and shell crackers. Brought home 15 and dressed. I also caught a couple of crappie a drum a catfish and a couple of small bass in the same area where I caught the brim. I never found fish bedding but getting close to the area they normally would bed. I'm planning on fishing some this week with my Mom and Dad. Dad just had his 82 birthday and retired last week. Would love to get him and her into them good. Tight lines and see you on the water. Glynn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snapperking View Post
    The full moon now will put them over the edge on the big G as a lot of the crackers already started and the male gills are in color too . There will be beds the next full moon but they will be the second spawn and not as many on them and smaller fish usually unless you can find a bed that wasn't hit the first time around. Going to give the crappie a break tomorrow and try and finds some out self maybe we will see you wiley G since we are gonna start out at Browns creek as soon as the wanna be bass masters get launched and out of the way Nice to hear another person can smell em!!
    I agree. I found a lot of beds yesterday (4/26) and there weren't any bream on them. The fish were out from the beds. We caught about 50 big gills and crackers. I kept moving away from any fish that weren't the right size or we could have caught many more. Those we caught were the biggest I've caught in a long time. Tip - most all of the shell crackers were on or close to wood in 2 foot of water. Also my most productive bait was a 1/32 jig head with a bass assassin body in green spotted color. They didn't care for crickets or worms much.

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report ! I have tried worms and curly tails last 3 mornings very very little to show. Have fished from 1-5 fow Top and on bottom. grass ,wood ,gravel , still can't find them.lol

Quailtail is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This cold front coming in is not going to help any.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe this up coming new moon may be good, May 6, but the water is rising down here
    Every day is a holiday and every meal is a picnic.